readability Teletext versus mediaportal (1 Viewer)

Cherryman

Portal Member
September 11, 2004
I have a philips tv widescreen, and hooked my Mp to it with s-video, resolution 800x600. (ti4200 gforce)
I understand thet a tv resolution is less then a monitor but should i be able to get a same clear picture with mediaportal as with teletext (dutch version of text tv) ?
I can easaly read teletekst the characters are clear and sharp. But with MP i have trouble reading from over 2 meter.
Is there a solution or is it the limitation of the nvidia tv-out ?

Anyone suggestions ?

Rob

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    teletext is clearly readable because it's using RGB component
    inside your tv.
    video is using a CVBS or maybe a SVHS input which has a much worse quality then the RGB component. This is the reason
    teletext is clearly readable and video inputs are not.

You should look around if you can find a RGB adapter for your VGA card
    and use that to connect it to your tv
    offcourse your tv should support RGB input on its scart inputs

Frodo

Cherryman

Portal Member
    September 11, 2004
    Tnx Frodo, i will look into that, and yes my tv supports rgb i didn't knew i could extract an rgb signal from my s-video out of my graphics card.. I will do some hardware research ;-)

Schrauber

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I have an ATI card. Its a Sapphire Radeon 9200. I hooked it up to the TV over S-Video. With the normal ATI drivers and resolution 800x600 the readability is not so good.
    Now I use the Omega drivers (www.omegacorner.com). The Resolution can be set to 720x576. The native TV resolution. The readability is much better.

There are also Omega drivers for Geforce cards. But I dont know what quality they give.

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    I installed the actual Omega drivers and set the res to 720x576. It´s a bit better, but the real big deal is if I click "video mode" in the extended settings where you can set overscan. The complete screen is as clear and sharp as with teletext! The only problem is, that it then, how to say..., it "flickers". It´s like the frequency is at 25Hz. But it is set to 60Hz. If I in- or decrese it, the sharpnes is gone. Any ideas?

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    I already read this but I can´t built this for me.

By the way, anyone posted detailled settings for this solution here in the forum. Take a look at the search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom