Rear sound only on DVD and video playback (1 Viewer)

Peter H

August 10, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi
I'm new to MediaPortal, having just downloaded and installed 1.4.0 for the first time. I'm very impressed with the functionality and stability of the program so far. It works really well and looks fantastic on the TV.

I haven't been able to resolve an issue whereby i get the rear sound channel only on DVD and video playback. Live and recorded TV and music works fine.

I'm connected to an old Panasonic LCD TV via HDMI from an ATI Radeon HD6450 card. The sound is going though HDMI as well. I've tried switching the sounds modes on the TV but that hasn't helped. I've tried switching through the available audio renderer options in MediaPortal but that hasn't made any difference either.

The video card appears as 'AMD High Definition Audio Devices' in Windows devices:Sound.gif

But in MediaPortal config it appears to be 'AMD HC Audio rear output':

MediaPortal.gif

I found references to MP Audio Renderer in the forum. This sounded promising but I don't see any mention of it in my MediaPortal config.

Thanks very much for looking.

Neild7744

Portal Pro
July 25, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have mine setup as 'default direct sound device' and within windows 'playback' settings setup my speakers to 5.1 (or whatever speaker setup you have).

I also select under 'video codecs' to use my filter and codec settings for videos the same for TV.

This should work fine.

Peter H

August 10, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for replying Neil7744. I checked and the settings are the same for TV, video and DVD - but still suffering from the prob.

Jean - I've updated my system specs and had a crack at generating a log. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Peter

Peter H

August 10, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Yay - got it sorted. The guide that you linked to is brilliant. Thanks Jean. I needed to 'ERnable Mixing' under Config/Codecs and Renderer/MPEG / AC3 Audio/Properties/Mixing.

Thanks to all who contribute for a great product. Very impressive.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom