Recommended DVB-C card for MP (1 Viewer)

mashipx

Portal Member
July 30, 2007
Hi Guys,

Im looking for a good DVB-C card for my second HTPC. My 1st HTPC has a FIreDTV Card but as they are no longer in production that option for my new PC has gone.

i need a card that will tune and play flawlessly. Ive tried a TT C1500 with CI but its rubbish, when i finally manage to get channels tuned they dont work, i keep getting the fatal 'nosignaldetect" error.

So ive given up hope of getting the TT C1500 to work and need help to buy a better card.

cheerz...... please someone reply. btw im tuning into uk V**gin cable, if it helps.

thanks again :D:D

mashipx

Portal Member
July 30, 2007
Well thanks for your reply, but the likleyhood of getting a working fire-dtv for 100 euros or less is slim to none. In my past attempts to find one, I found just one in holland and is was 200 euros.... ouchh!!!

Does anyone have any experirence with the TT connect Range of products... Is MP compatible with them?

Praetorius

Portal Member
August 22, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

today i got the TT Connect CT-3650. Works like a charm. I replaced my old Terratec Cinergy with the TT. Finally no more freezes or other annoying stuff. Haven´t tested the CI yet. From my point of view a good buy.

greetz

:edit:

The included onboard IR-Sensor can´t be used outside the TechnoTrend Application. A bit of mess in my case. I really need the Sensor.

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use a Terratec Cynergy C HD PCI + CI module and it works flawless. It was a bit of hassle to figure out how to configure it to work with my provider but I can highly recommend it now and it works great with MP.

rgee

Portal Member
    July 12, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does anyone know if the TT Connect CT-3650 will work with Cablecom in Switzerland?

rgee

Portal Member
    July 12, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Bump...

Does anyone have any experience of using a Connect CT-3650 CI with Cablecom?

Many thanks in advance.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I think the best card is the one which is used by mp devs so they could help you with mp compatibility bugs/problems :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think the best card is the one which is used by mp devs so they could help you with mp compatibility bugs/problems :)

:)
    Well, I don't have a CT-3650 CI so I can't really make any informed comments about them. In fact I don't own any DVB-C tuners - there is only one small DVB-C provider in NZ and the network is not available where I live.

About all I can say is that I think the TerraTec H7, TechniSat CableStar Combo HD CI, and TechnoTrend Connect CT-3650 CI are likely identical or very similar hardware with [slight???] differences in the drivers, probably developed by Twinhan/Azurewave. You could probably install any driver from TerraTec, TechniSat or TechnoTrend. I have done this with a TechniSat SkyStar HD2 - TerraTec Cinergy S2, Azurewave AD-SP400 and TechniSat SkyStar HD2 drivers all can work. Not that I would recommend or even suggest you try it. I'm just saying that they are likely to behave similarly.

What other options are you looking at?

mm
    [Edit: if you are looking at Anysee tuners then there may be good news about support for them in the next 6 months or so, but I make no guarantees. The TBS USB DVB-C CI may also be supported when it is released. Aside from that I'm not aware of too many other USB DVB-C tuners with CI support.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom