Recommended resolution for CRT TV? (1 Viewer)

alexeix

Portal Pro
January 28, 2005
UK
Hi,

I'm trying to output my screen to a widescreen CRT TV, but I can't find a resolution which is anywhere close.

Can anyone advise what I should set my screen resolution to be or is there a setting in Media Portal for this?

My graphics card is a Radeon 9600XT 256MB and I'm using ATI Catalyst (and Hydravision)

I've checked the documentation and the forum postings, but I can't find an answer.
Thanks.

alexeix

Portal Pro
January 28, 2005
UK
Thanks for the info guys. I've tried it out and Media Portal looks the business.

I can't change the refresh rate in ATI Catalyst (set to 60hz). I suppose I'll need to check the TV, to see if I can change it there.

ElvisMcDuck

Portal Member
July 24, 2005
Skedsmokorset
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi

I am also using a widescreen crt for mediaportal. I am using powerstrip to force refreshrates. It works fine.
The only problem I had is on booting the system (Specially after a hangup..)
Powerstrip sometimes give an errormessage before it has loaded itself. This is then unreadable on the crt since it not on the correct refreshrate before powerstrip is loaded...

Tip: Save your powerstrip profile as "startup" and it will start this no matter what.

http://www.entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I haven't used powerstrip for a long time, but back when I did I made a note of some settings I had to put in the config file to avoid the problem you described above. Here's what I wrote down:

edit pstrip.ini

add to global options:

NoSafetyChecks=1
    CompleteSilence=1

to avoid warnings from powerstrip on resets

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom