Record a specific movie at unknown time (1 Viewer)

flow87

Portal Pro
January 15, 2009
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
hello,
i refer to this youtube link:

Festplattenrecorder für ganz kleines Geld (c't VDR) - YouTube

it's german i know. a magazine called ct presents a linux based vdr. this vdr has a function to schedule a movie or sth else at an unknown time. example:

u like disney movies so you tell the vdr to record any TV with the string disney in the epg.

does that work with mediapiortal too? how?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

Think you need to use the ForTheRecord plugin for such advanced rules.
    It is planned in TVServer for a future version but not soon. So investigate 4TR if you really need this now.

flow87

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2009
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i dont need but im interested in :)

do you need fortherecord? i'd be happy if the normal mepo tv server ran fine, so i wont risk anything ^^

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I am using it for years now.
    It makes your setup slightly more complex, but for me it was worth it because the boss wants to record everything and I need rules to make sure recording does not interfere with live TV...

flow87

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2009
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am using it for years now.
    It makes your setup slightly more complex, but for me it was worth it because the boss wants to record everything and I need rules to make sure recording does not interfere with live TV...
    My Mediaportal doenst sow LiveTV if no tuner is available. Do you mean this? What TV Card do you use? Perhaps ill try 4tr soon, cause im also interested in scheduling/watching fro my iphone

You could use TvWishlist for this , not as complicated as 4therecord and a good solution for most needs.
    ill check out in a minoute

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This new plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...dec-mpextended-webmediaportal-0-4-1-a-103881/ is in the early stages of development, but looks like it has fantastic potential for consolidating a large number of services in a single and more modern way. The Web Interface (for scheduling recordings using the EPG shown in a web browser on another PC) is already working, as is the transcoding and streaming of video (streams TV Recordings, Movies, TV Series etc).

The team are working to allow many of these features across the internet too (from what I can tell).

I suggest that integration of TVWishList would be a very neat idea, since it would mean that items can be added using the web-browser and not need the MP config to be run.

It isn't quite there yet, but I am definitely looking forward to further developments (which seem be be release on a weekly basis at the moment!)

Robbo100

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom