Record by name in EPG (1 Viewer)

Kofl

Portal Member
August 15, 2006
Hi,

I am new to Media Portal and didnt find anything in the documentation:

Is it possible with MediaPortal to records shows by name, eg. I want to record "CSI: Las Vegas" and every recurring of this series - independent of the channel and the time.

Thanks for tipps,
Kofl

Elf

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yes you can - If you highlight a program you want to record in the TV Guide, and hit Record ("R" on the keyboard) you will see the record options screen. From there if you select Advanced Record you will see all the recording options which include "Record every time on this channel" and "Record every time on every channel".

Hope this answers your question!

Kofl

Portal Member
August 15, 2006
Thanks a lot, that was a excellent answer.

If I select "Record every time on every channel", does it automatically filter out series which where already recorderd (recurrences)?

Thanks,
Kofl

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
No it doesn't. It is very hard to tell if a program is a repeat, especially because of all the variance in the amount of information people have in their EPG. You could try to base it on the description, but a lot of the time that might be the same all the time for a show, etc.

Kofl

Portal Member
August 15, 2006
Okay, thanks a lot for the information - the description really isnt always the same, even for the recurrences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom