record every channel in a dvb-t bouquet with one tuner (1 Viewer)

curtis-craig

Portal Member
February 5, 2005
before mediaportal, i used vdr for linux. in vdr it is possible to record every channel of a dvb-t bouquet at the same time, just with one tuner. thats because every channels in it are in one signal and have the same frequency. in braunschweig, germany, we have 4 channels in a bouquet.
will it be possible in mediaportal, too?

markuspop

Portal Member
March 26, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Any update on this ?

Hello,

this is a very old post, but I can find no information, if recording of multiple channels from
one bouquet is nowadays possible with MP ?

Thanks,
Markus

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I've never heard of it being refered to as a "bouquet". they are generally refered to as a Mux or Multiplex.

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is my first post on the forums, so hello there.

I have 6 DVB-T tuners, and since there are 6 muxes (bouquets) in the UK, does that mean my system has the ability to record every single channel at the same time?

:D

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So, would you say that it's pointless getting any more tuners then?

With a tuner for every mux, I can guarantee i will not miss anything or not be able to watch a channel even if something on every mux is recording already. :cool:

If that's the case then I might get myself another twin tuner, and free up a PCI slot for another SATA card as I have room in the server case (a 4u rack mount) for plenty more hard drives.

I'm currently running TVServer on a spare machine with a paltry 80 gig drive, but when I put it live to replace my GB-PVR set-up it will have a 500gig drive for recordings, and a 500gig hard drive for other media. I also have a 320gig boot drive and a 160gig download/torrent drive. So, I will probably put the time shifting on the 320. I'm considering the purchase of a 1TB drive to rip my DVDs to, so i could move the time shift to the media storage drive.

Note - I've just bought a 1TB drive on offer at ebuyer :)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    So, would you say that it's pointless getting any more tuners then?
    Completely pointless :)

Just wait until the analogue switch off and get a single DVB-T2 card for the HD channels they will be launching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom