[TV] Record Next Program by pressing REC button (1 Viewer)

SvenStoove

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I'm not too sure if I have missed something here but I would really like to see a feature added (another option to the list) to record the next program on the current channel you are watching.

Eg:
    My recording setting is set to 5min before and 30min after the program is due to start and end

Lets say I am watching channel "XYZ" and they have an ad for a movie/program that is coming on next on this channel that I want to record. So what I currently have to do is go back to the TV guide and select the next program then hit the record button and then navigate back to TV viewing.

It would be fantastic if there could be another option added to the Recording Menu when you press the record button

Currently it's only:

1. Record Current Program
    2. Record until manual stop

I would suggest/love the following:

1. Record Current Program
    2. Record Next Program
    3. Record until manual stop

PS if I had more time I would learn C++ and do this myself and submit the patch but spare time is limited....

SvenStoove

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    [BUMP]

Can someone point me in the right direction in which file this type of thing could be coded into as I really would like to see this added for ease of use, even if it was just on system....

This could also stop one argument with the wife:rolleyes:

..:D

SvenStoove

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    [BUMP] - Need some direction

I undertsnad that the devs are very busy and I appreciate any correspondance to my question.

Summary:
    for example it's 7:50pm and I am watching a program on channel zyx from 7:30pm to 8:00pm.
    I see an ad that the next program on xyz is a movie/show that I want to record 8:00pm - 10:00pm
    I would like to press the record button and choose an option from the popup rather then navigate back to the epg guide then back to watch the tv.

-Record Current Program (Already exists)
    -Record Next Program (New Feature)
    -Record until manual stop (Already exists)

If someone could point me in the right direction on which files could be modified to add this feature I am more then happy to learn and code it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom