Record only new shows in series (1 Viewer)

CamaroZ28c

February 20, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, I'm new to Mediaportal having switched from WMC after the upgrade to Win10. I have MP2 set up and am using WebEPG to pull guide data from IMDB for my OTA recordings (3 tuners). Is there any way to have it only record new episodes? Even better, is there a way to have it record a new episode regardless of the night it is on? At the moment, I've used the "Record Weekly on this Channel" option but it records reruns too. Thanks!

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    In Setup TV
    Under recordings
    Check the box for "Check episode of already recorded programs to prevent duplicated recordings of repeated broadcasts"

Restart the MP2 Server process.

CamaroZ28c

February 20, 2016
    Home Country
    Thanks for the response. I have this selected, however, I delete episodes after watching so there isn't anything to compare it to. Would I be better off using xmltv and zap2it rather than the WebEPG from IMDB? It looks like Zap2it has a "new" flag. Although, now that I am thinking about it, MP2 doesn't offer to record only new in the Extended Recording menu. Is this not a feature? That was one thing I really liked about WMC is that it knew to record a show only if it was new and regardless of when it might be.

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    It blows me away that we still cant simply look at the guide (SD for example) to determine a show is RERUN and simply skip it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom