record simulcast (two programs with same name at same time): one fails (1 Viewer)

iancalderban

Portal Pro
December 12, 2008
milton keynes
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.0 +djblu tswriter
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue wide
Windows Version: vista sp1 ultimate
CPU Type: amd x2 4850e
HDD: samsung 1Tb spinpoint
Memory: 4GB corsair
Motherboard: gigabyte ma78gm-s2h
Video Card: integrated ATI 780g
Video Card Driver: ati 8.12
Sound Card: integrated realtek
Sound Card AC3: spdif coax
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: blackgold 3450 6.0.0.39
1. TV Card Type: 2x dvb-t 2xdvb-s 2xanalogue
1. TV Card Driver: BG 6.0.0.39
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: cyberlink pdvd 8
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: cyberlink pdvd 8
Satelite/CableTV Provider: astra 28.2e
HTPC Case: antec micro fusion
Cooling: shuriken cpu@PWM,nexus@7v hdd,sharkoon 1000 @12v case, external nexus @7v av bench airflow
Power Supply: antec 350
Remote: gyration
TV: pioneer krp-500a
TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

Today I tried to record simulaneous transmissions of "the Secret Life of Elephants" on BBC ONE (SD) and BBCHD (HD). This was not just so I could watch it, but so that I would have a reference to compare the picture quality of the two recordings / transmission formats for my mediaportal, htpc and tv tuning and optimisation.

This was a simulcast tranmission i.e. exactly the same program goes out on the two channels in SD and HD respectively at the same time.

Bug: Only the SD version (bbc one transmissiion) got recorded. when I looked afterwards, the BBCHD version was still in the scheduled recordings list. Looking in tv.log, there are repeated double-entries with the same timestamp indicating that this program wants to record and is being told it is recording already.
"Recording The Secret Life of Elephants already added in _recordingsInProgressList, skipping"
for other programs which are only recording in the normal fashion of one at once, this message only appears once per timestamp.

so it would seem that something that determines whether a recording needs tobe kicked off, is making an incorrect decision.

its at times 20:55 and after in my tv.log on 28/1/09. files attached.

there is another different application for needing to do this - ITVHD channel also simultcasts with ITVONE (SD) channel and I have had recordings that I've set on ITV HD, that have had many minutes of just the ITVHD logo. ITV supposedly have a bit of a teething problem with their Hd service so don't always turn on the HD side properly. So in order to make sure you "get to see" the program, you'd set simultanous records of both ITV channels, then if the HD doesn't work, the SD will. With this limitation in MP, you can't do that.

Ian

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
Hi again Ian :)

Yes, I've seen this problem too. I think there's a temporary table that gets updated ("_recordingsInProgressList"???) but it seems not to check the Channel Name when determining if a show is already in the list.

+1 for this bug

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom