Record timeshift buffer as well (1 Viewer)

Arterio

Portal Member
December 16, 2007
So I used to have an HD PVR from my local cable provider, and if I had been watching a specific channel (say 42) for about 10 minutes, then realized I was going to miss the rest of the show, I could hit the record button and it would store the entire show from the start to the end, not just from where I pressed the record button. So if the show started at 10:00pm and I hit the record button at 10:10pm, it would record the show from 10:00pm till the scheduled end of the program determined by the guide info, and not just from 10:10pm missing the first 10 minutes.

Is this a feature that could be implemented into Media Portal?

TVmecken

Portal Member
February 8, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
To my surprise this behavior has changed.... I was going to say that this is MP default behavior, but when I just tested it, the recording starts from now ttime, not from beginning. This must be a setting I overlooked, hope someone could help.
Thanks for bringin this up.

bolders

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This used to be a feature in the inbuilt tv service (it may still be) but it has not been implemented in the tv server

m47een

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
Cheadle
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
+1 I think this would be a very useful feature and one I think should be/was already part of MP

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    This has been discussed before, probably several times.

I think it's on the list of possible enhancements of the TVServer, but will require some re-working of the timeshift buffer code to get working.

MP used to have this functionality back when it used the MS TV engine, but then there were so many other problems with it that heavily outweighed the usefulness of that feature :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    +1 from me...

I know it's difficult to obtain in existing code, but it's sooo simple to do from scratch :D

Select part of buffer to record, copy part and glue part to the start of the actual recording. Since this can take some time, it would be better to do this while the recording is running than before actually starting to record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom