[confirm] Recorded files not visible until re-enter folder (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys, I first thought that recordings were not executed but apparently they do not show until going a level up in the directory structure and opening again. Even going to the home screen and back to videos, doesn't show them, it's only by moving in the folders.

I saw a bug report about the watched status which might be related but started a new thread in case other users are experiencing the same.

Another client shows the same behavior.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi
    I cant reproduce it.
    Just to be clear you open recordings folder by TVHome-> recordings or you have a mapping to that folder in My Videos?

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi romuz, it's a local folder which is configured in the 'Video Folders' of MePo configuration.

I just now installed RC6 on my server but cannot check if it still exists (have another minor problem) but on a client which has RC6 for some days now, I still have the same behavior. If I want to access newly recorded videos I have to go up 1 level and re-open the recordings folder to see files that were not there the last time the client was used.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So if you are in a folder in recorded TV that you expect a new recording to appear, it does not update the list when the recording is created - is that correct?

If so, this is 'expected' behaviour. Folders do not watch for new content and update their lists. This is just how it is!

Can you confirm that this is what you are reporting, and if so I will mark it as 'no bug'.

Mark

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Mark,

Yes, that's what I meant but I'm using MP since 2006 about the same way regarding recordings and I have not experienced this behavior before.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi tourettes, I guess you mean RC2 and yes, it might be since then because I was starting to doubt whether it was a good idea to step away from the stable 1.0.2

EDIT: does a client use the server database in some way to present the recorded files or is it only using the video folder (in my case a unc path by using the admin share of the server)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom