Recorded TV truncated - MP didn't throw any error. (1 Viewer)

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 + SVN
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Celeron M 360 (1.4GHz/400MHz/1Mb L2)
HDD: Seagate 300Gb 7200RPM SATA 150
Memory: 512MB Crucial PC4200 CL4 (@ 400)
Motherboard: MSI Speedster-FA4 (MS-9625)
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 915GM
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Intel GMA 915
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.4704
Sound Card: Intel ICH6 HD Audio / Realtek ALC880
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Nebula DigiTV PCI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.1.1
2. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy 2400i Dual Tuner
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver: 1.0.3.243
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: DScaler
MPEG2 Audio Codec: DScaler
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Aria
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE
TV: Samsung 26in LCD LW26A33W
TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

Hi

I've had a few instances where MediaPortal has ended a recorded before it was supposed to. Although MediaPortal still says it's recording, when I play back the recording it stops before it should. MediaPortal and Windows also report the length of the clip to be shorter than it should be.

For example, this evening I set up a schedule to record The Italian Job on Film 4 between 21:00 and 23:05:

At 20:55:07 the recording started (5 minute pre/post configured)
At 22:41:39 the recorded file ends
At 23:10:00 the recording finished

At this point the Recorded TV list shown "The Italian Job" with duration of 02:15 but if I play and pause the recording the progress bar shows the recording at 1:41:39 in length.

As I say, this isn't the first time it's happened and I also get odd occasions where I can't play back a recorded file or the recording is zero length.

My AV software (Symantec Corporate 9) is configured to ignore the recordings & timestretch folder & the MP program files folder.

I've attached the logs. You'll need to look in the .BAK logs as this all happened yesterday evening. I've had a look through myself and can't see anything out of the ordinary.

If anyone can help I'd be grateful. Loosing the last 20 minutes of a film is a nightmare! :eek:

Cheers
Mark

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi markius

Cannot see anything in the logs relating to a error at that time, same as you found, it shows a successfully completed recording.

What was the file size produced, might be worth while setting up a couple of test recordings, preferably making use of both tuners with a overlap time just to see if there is a file size limitation causing the problem.

Might also, if using the dvb-t epg to remove the database, and allow it to repopulate, cannot even blame it on BST, as all the times look fine.

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hey PD

Unfortunately I've deleted the recording so I can't tell you exactly how big the file was though I *think* it was around 1.8Gb. There are other recording in the folder that exceed 2Gb and some even go up to 3Gb.

I did notice that the DVB EPG was a bit corrupt so I've deleted that. I've also uninstalled the AV software completely just in case it's interfering somehow.

I'll set up a few recordings for this evening and see if I can make it break but this is an intermittent problem so it'll take some time for me to be sure it's definately working. Fingers crossed though...

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom