"Recording" displays more channels than in current group. (1 Viewer)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have a "custom" group with TV channels from my provider.
    Also, I have some 300 channels from other provisers.
    Each time I choose to record some program, I get a list that includes all those other channels I am unable to decode anyway.

How to make recording dialog limit to the channel group I am at ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Each time I choose to record some program, I get a list that includes all those other channels I am unable to decode anyway.
    Do you mean that you see one or two other non-decodable channels because those other channels are showing the same program sometimes?
    A screenshot (F11) would be helpful... ;)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Screenshot attached[DOUBLEPOST=1376691884][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi, that's windows, so no screenshot because that insecure computer is strictly reduced to MP use only.

You are right - as screenshot shows, I see an episode of a series on every nordic channel, maybe thwy can be decoded, but Danish or Finnish version of that channel is of no interest.

So - is it possible to limit search for upcoming episodes, to channels in current group ?
    Thank you

Attachments

• 20130817_001444-407731719.jpg
      20130817_001444-407731719.jpg
      1.7 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Wbunaarf

I think you're right that this functionality doesn't exist, and personally I have no desire to add such a functionality.
    Though I didn't participate in that discussion that you linked, I recall briefly talking about some of Mark's motivations for that discussion elsewhere later:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...annels-not-working-for-tv.109905/#post-917483

Basically my POV is that I don't see a real "use case" for only searching within the current channel group. If the problem is that you want to completely hide/ignore channels that you're not interested in then I think there are alternative and better solutions to the problem.

For example, I think it is reasonable for the search to not include EPG for channels that are either not enabled or not in any visible group. In other words, if your undecodable channels were disabled or only in the "all channels" group and you'd disabled showing the "all channels" group then I would expect search to ignore programs from those channels. I'm assuming that would solve your problem. The problem with implementing this suggestion is that the search is carried out on the server side and clients may have different settings for the "show all channel group" setting... and in future clients may be given configuration to only show some channels... so it is easy to limit search to enabled channels but more complex than you might think to ignore channels that are enabled but only in the "all channels" group.

So, like I say I have no interest in adding such a functionality. Even if I did, right now I have no desire to work on anything in the TV plugin as such work would have to be redone in TVE 3.5. I think it would be far better to redesign the TV plugin from "ground up" at one time in future...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom