Recording, EPG and shutdown (1 Viewer)

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
As I had some real big problems when I hibernated my PC the last time, I want to request a little feature in the home screen. If it is possible, could you please add a button "end" that can be configured either to only end MP, or (what I need) to end MP and then shutdown the PC. If I only shutdown with MP running, it hang the last time and it costed me two weeks to get it working again.

It would be really helpfull, if MP either remembers the channel, from wich I´ve changed from EPG to fullscreen if I come back, or if it could be positioned on the channel that is actually shown. If I i.e. go to channel five (ARD) in the EPG and press "x" for fullscreen, the TV changes to "ARD". If I then press "x" again to go back to the EPG, the channel one (Pro7) is selected. Thats not a big problem with these two channels, but if I shortly switch back to EPG from channel 25, I first have to scroll down the whole EPG to press "x" again, otherwise I´m then watching channel one.

Someone asked for a separate app to record. I like this idea, because you could make some things easier. The two card handling wouldn´t be a problem, because each app uses its own card. So you can watch TV while the other caed is recording another channel in background. This app wouldn´t need any graphics output, it "simply" had to record TV, so it could be small and less critical. It could entry scheduled tasks with windows, without MP having started, and tasks can wake up windows without probs.

IMPORTANT -> These are my "I-have-no-idea-of-programming-and-so-maybe-I-talk-shit"-thoughts! Don´t hit me if it is almost impossible to do these things, I really have no idea!! ;)

Thanks!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mama,

mama said:
    It would be really helpfull, if MP either remembers the channel, from wich I´ve changed from EPG to fullscreen if I come back, or if it could be positioned on the channel that is actually shown. If I i.e. go to channel five (ARD) in the EPG and press "x" for fullscreen, the TV changes to "ARD". If I then press "x" again to go back to the EPG, the channel one (Pro7) is selected. Thats not a big problem with these two channels, but if I shortly switch back to EPG from channel 25, I first have to scroll down the whole EPG to press "x" again, otherwise I´m then watching channel one.

I really second that. It is not nice to switch from my TV using channel, say, 25 to my TV Guide where i end up at channel 1. I think it would be better to end up directly in channel 25.

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom