Recording Feedback MPEG/TS (1 Viewer)

madmonkeyman

Portal Member
June 10, 2005
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to ask a few stupid questions regarding the choice between recording in MPEG or TS format. If I record in MPEG format the video stutters every 10secs or so for a second. It's not unwatchable but its a tad annoying.

If I change it to TS the the recording is as smooth as silk so to speak. I haven't done a direct comparison of the CPU usage for either but I'm thinking that its higher for MPEG than it its for TS because its just recording the raw transport stream when set to TS.

Is this right and has anyone else noticed this difference?

Monkey.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    LifeView DVBT Duo, hey i've got one of those, never had a stutter, using it on AMD 2800+ 6600GT, must admit not tried the TVserver on it.
    If i can get access to it (my daughters) will try and see how the TVserver runs.

I know there was a comment that TS may run better than MPEG for some setups and also give more information

BTW is this with analogue or DVB-t.

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!
    mpeg stutters allot for me, definitely unwatchable. But its Ok when using VLC as client (this is over network), or streaming as "movie" from server to client..
    Have tried TS, but did not got that to work at all. I will look in to this and see what I'm doing wrong??

Edit: Now its working here to with .TS, nice and smoth(SVN12997)!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom