recording icon in system tray (1 Viewer)

temperal72

Portal Member
January 5, 2006
Farmland USA
Can you guys make a little icon appear next to the clock, or make an small application that will let me know the tv server has started to record a tv show. On a base system setup, with nothing running but the new tv server, I have no way of knowing if it has started unless I drive to the timeshift folder.

Also,, can you put an about button in the tv server application. So I don't have to find the original download to figure out what svn build I have installed.

Thanks

Keep up the good work

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well, I've already made a status Icon plugin for TV Server 3. I'm not home right now, but when I get home I'll post it here.

You need to make a change to the way the service starts, but I'll explain that when I post the plugin.

As for the about button, good idea. I'll look into it.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ooh, I haven't tested it with Vista ... don't know why it wouldn't work though ... hmm ... Did you change the service details?

You might even need to run the service as administrator ... dont know though.

Good luck. I don't have Vista at the moment (I did but it was a demo and it expired) so I can't really do anything to help. Anyone got any ideas?

temperal72

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    Farmland USA
    something popped up,, just for a moment,, I could swear it was there,, then when I expanded the hidden icons,, nothing.
    hmm I am an administrator,, I could try The Administrator tonight, it is still set up,, and still says its running.
    All I have to do is remember The Administrator password
    TV server says the plugin is loaded,, and I have checked the box.
    will do that after I put my daughter to bed in a little bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom