Recording in wrong aspect ratio (1 Viewer)

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi. I have a problem with the aspect ratio on my tv recordings on MP tv-server.

When I play the files outside MP in VLC and using ratio 1:1 - the picture is compressed on the horizontal axis. See uploaded example. The same is happening when I watch the recordings directly on my LG flatscreen from an external harddrive (builtin mediaplayer).

I can't really be a codec issue can it? TV-server is recording the raw signal, right?

However VLC says its a 720 x 576 picture, but it isn't.

Any help is appriciated.

/Nyll

Attachments

• mediaportal.png
    mediaportal.png
    864.2 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thats correct for the broadcast, not the format used to make the video in the first place, I have a few video's which have the wrong aspect ratio built into the file, so you have to use a zoom mode to view them correctly.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi. I have a problem with the aspect ratio on my tv recordings on MP tv-server.

When I play the files outside MP in VLC and using ratio 1:1 - the picture is compressed on the horizontal axis. See uploaded example. The same is happening when I watch the recordings directly on my LG flatscreen from an external harddrive (builtin mediaplayer).

I can't really be a codec issue can it? TV-server is recording the raw signal, right?

If it is DVB / digital then the issue is in broadcaster. TV service won't change the stream (other than the timestamps and PIDs values).

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Tourrettes
    Yep it's DVB-C and i'm using the Terratec Cinergy PCI DVB-C tuner. HTPC is running Windows XP.

/Nyll

Update: I have tested recording using Terratecs own Cinema application. The picture is still compressed on the horizontal axis. Result = MP is not to blame for this :) MP is the best mediacenter software ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom