Recording priority (1 Viewer)

Nash

Portal Member
January 11, 2005
Hello,
are there any plans for implementing a "priority handling" of scheduled recordings?
Right now I have scheduled a lot of "must see" recordings.
When I browse through the EPG Guide I very often schedule some mopre recordings where I'm not absolutely interested in.
I only want to record this low prioority items if the don't collide with the must see recordings.

Another topic.
When I schedule a series, I press: "record all episodes on this channel".
Hereby very often I got 2 copies of the same series. One at prime time and the repetition in the night.
I think the series are EPG coded via a specific series ID + a episode ID.
Is it possible to process these two IDs and thus get only one copy of the specific series.

Last topic:
Is it possible to concatenate the 2 issues I asked for.
This would result in some sort of "smart priority recording"
If there is a crossing of two scheduled recordings at prime time. Record one at night, eg.

Best regards

Jens

MediaTobiPortal

Portal Pro
December 13, 2004
You are so damn right !!

That is something really missing until now.

I think the problem ist that MP ist able to work with more than only one card and that´s the reasen why it´s possible to schedule 2 programms if also they have the same starttime.

I confrim your request in every single letter.

Let´s hope there will be a solution soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Free text recording DE
The base products (MP1, MP2, TV Server) do not support this. But there is a user-written plugin for TV Server called TvWishList that may do some or most of what you want. I say "may" because I have not used it myself. TvWishList is discussed in this thread (135 pages!). Note: the author of TvWishList has not visited this web site...
The base products (MP1, MP2, TV Server) do not support this. But there is a user-written plugin for TV Server called TvWishList...
Hi there, I am looking to move from tvheadend to mediaportal (changing from Linux to windows server, when the new hardware...
Replies
Views
That 's what I see. I've retired from software development in favour of getting a 1910 gaff cutter back sailing, and as that development was in DataFlex I doubt that it's relevant to MP development.
That 's what I see. I've retired from software development in favour of getting a 1910 gaff cutter back sailing, and as that...
The setting up of scheduled recordings seems to be the weakest part of MP2 - in fact I'd go as far as to say one aspect of it is a...
Replies
Views
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Yes, it is, since a long time. I've used it for some years and still use it. Only the client plugin was not successfully ported to MP2. One glitch is still existing in the server plugin, you need to trigger the search manually. Normally it should run automatic but this did not work, at least not for me... Even without automatic...
Yes, it is, since a long time. I've used it for some years and still use it. Only the client plugin was not successfully ported to...
Hello, I am a long time user of Windows Media Center. I still use it even on Windows 10. This is getting more difficult with every...
Replies
Views
Hi CyberSimian I have done a fair bit of testing off MP2. I had to abandon it because the user interface is a bit primitive in its functionality. Namely, the MP2 guide does not scroll perpetually; i.e. when you scroll up and reach BBC1 the scrolling stops. So, to get to the programmes immediately before BBC1, you have to scroll down...
Hi CyberSimian I have done a fair bit of testing off MP2. I had to abandon it because the user interface is a bit primitive in its...
Hi CyberSimian I am finding that, for some folders, I get duplicate records created in the file table, and consequently the movie...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom