[not reproducible] Recording problem (1 Viewer)

alanhewitt

Portal Member
February 24, 2010
Chesterton, Staffs
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: XP sp3
CPU Type: amd x2 4000+
HDD: WDC 800gb
Memory: 3
Motherboard: Foxcom MCP61
Video Card: 9800gt
Video Card Driver: 6.14.12.6658
Sound Card: realtec on board
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5386
1. TV Card: Hauppauge nova td500
1. TV Card Type: dual dvbt
1. TV Card Driver: 3.11.27187.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Desctop PC
Cooling: case fans (2)
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:
2 days ago I tried the new release of Mediaportal 1.2.0 beta and after problems installing, ( I had to do a new install as update install failed). I was impressed with the new look. I set up a program to record via the epg, BBC 4 7pm to 8pm Spy in thr Jungle. I checked the following morning and saw that only a short recording was made.
I thought that this was the same problem I had been having previously with 1.1.3, loosing connection with the tv service, so decided to uninstall and re install the previous version. I thought it better to try to solve the original problem on a proven not beta version.
This am I checked the short recording and found that it was not as expected. looking accompanying xml file it showed that a the same named program had been recorded but at a start time of 20.01 on the 30th, and a finish time of 20.00 on the 30th.
The program was shown at the correct time ie 19.00 to 20.00.
I am unable to reproduce the error as I have uninstalled the beta version and for the same reason haven't any logs but attach the xml.
Just thought that you should know of this error

Attachments

• Tiger - Spy in the Jungle - 2011-04-30.xml
    1.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Alan

Thanks for reporting, but I'm also unable to reproduce. It is possible that it was caused by a guide data error.

Setting thread to "can't reproduce"...

zanlation

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Home Country
    I have experienced this problem a few times lately. The recording is only a few minutes in length. The EPG gives the correct length. At first I thought that I was going over the recording limit for the tuners, but last night it happened when only using 2 of my 4 tuners. I am pretty sure it only happens when I record a program that has already started. It does not happen every time. If I can reproduce I will post logs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again folks

If either of you are able to reproduce the problem and supply logs then we can try and look again, however without logs and with nobody able to reproduce it is not possible to do anything...

alanhewitt

Portal Member
    February 24, 2010
    Chesterton, Staffs
    Home Country
    Hi, Sorry but I had to reverte to the version 1.1.3. so cant reproduce for that reason. I had to have some thing reliable. My wife is in hospital and need to record her progs.
    Sorry, I may try again when things are less fraught.

alanhewitt

Portal Member
    February 24, 2010
    Chesterton, Staffs
    Home Country
    Hi, An update on this issue. I have done a clean install of XP and reinstalled Mediaportal 1.2.0. The box has been running now for over a week and have not missed any recordings because of this error. So looks like I'm OK.
    Thanks again for your time.
    Must say 1.2 runs much more quickly, ie change channels , resize screen etc.
    Keep up the good work.
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom