Recording space used/free in Recorded programs view (1 Viewer)

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A small feature I would find immensely useful would be to have a 'used/free space' indicator in the recorded programs screen which tells me how much free space exists in my recorded programmes folder and how much space is already used for recordings.

I know I can install HTPC info and look in there, but the place I care about recording space is in my recordings screen, so it would be far more convenient to have it here than to then jump out of TV, into plugins, into SysInfo, into the right section then go all the way back.

I'm thinking a bit like most PVR set-top boxes have. That way if a user is running out of space they can do some housework before MediaPortal needs to.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Have a look at a tiny community plugin called "DriveFreeSpace" It does exactly what you want. You simply need to add a few lines to a xml file yourself. So you can add this to whatever screen you want. As you want this on Recording Screen, I want it on Home, next want it on EPG (for planing) or on global TV section...
    The output is something like this (Top left corner of Screen). "Std frei" is German for "Hours available for HD recordings". but could be graphical also...
    screen-1_1-jpg.118515

Last edited:

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    Lehmden,

Thanks for this, it looks perfect, exactly what I want.

However I have a problem with Drive Free Space in that MP 1.4 insists it is incompatible. I've posted in the Driver Free Space forum. If you have the time to look at my post and let me know if you have a solution I would be very grateful.

Last edited:

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    Lehmden was able to provide me with a MP 1.4 compatible version of Drive Free Space and with some tweaking I now have this....
    TV recording capacity.jpg

This is exactly what I was after. Would be brilliant if MP considered incorporating a feature like this if other people would find it useful.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As you are a German I guess you can read German forum post too ;)
    It's not that easy to "share" skin files as you need to configure DFS to your own needs. That's why I wrote a little Tutorial "How to modify a skin" in the German part of the forum, using Drive Free Space as example. There you find all you need to add this to your skin exactly the way you like it.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/wie-modifiziert-man-einen-skin.103407/

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    I've since tweaked my set-up so I have two versions of the skin file. One has two lines of text from the plug-in and a progress bar. The other has a semi-transparent background, a percentage display on the progress bar and only one line of text from the plug in which I think looks better, but you can take your pick.

There is a zip attached with all the files you need.

To set-it up you need to do 4 things.

1) Copy image files
    • Copy the image files from the Media directory in the ZIP file to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\Media
    2) Pick which skin file you want (They are BOTH for Titan skin only)
    • Pick one from the images below
    • Copy the relevant one from the 'Skin file' directory in the ZIP to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan.
    • Rename your current mytvrecordedtv.xml file to keep it safe and rename the one you copied in to mytvrecordedtv.xml
    3) Install the DriveFreeSpace plugin
    • Copy the DriveFreeSpace.dll from the Plugin directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process (or C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process for 32 bit windows)
    4) Configure the DriveFreeSpace plugin to fit your skin choice
    • Access the plugin via the MediaPortal configuration
    • Select the 1 drive you record your TV programmes
    • Set up the Gui Text and Gui Text (total for all enabled drives) fields as per the instructions below each skin image below.

No background two display lines
    No background 2 line.jpg

For no Background two line skin in DriveFreeSpace plugin GUI text put...
    TV recording capacity
    %freespace% of %total space% %unit% available

then in GUI Text (total for all enabled drives) put...
    %uspercent%

With background + 1 line
    With background + 1 line.jpg

For no Background two line skin in DriveFreeSpace plugin GUI text put...
    Approx %rectimeleft% recording available

then in GUI Text (total for all enabled drives) put...
    %uspercent%

Note if you want to use the DriveFreeSpace plugin for other things
    As I only use this plugin for this one feature I have used the value for 'all selected drives' in the skin and then only select the one drive in the plugin that I use for recording. If you want to use the plugin for other things you will need to recode the skin file to use the specific drive info that you need. I did it this way so that I could use the same skin file on all my HTPCs and simply change the selected drive in the pluging config to point to the recording space. It is D: on my Main HTPC but Z: on the others and one quick change in the plugin makes it work rather than needing different skins on each machine.

Attachments

• TV Storage Titan files.zip
      23.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom