Recording TV Shows (1 Viewer)

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    There is a very nice option to record TV Shows: "Record always on this channel". This works nicely except that often EPG has not only the show name like "Stargate SG-1" or "Charmed" or whatever, but also "Stargate SG-1: The Lost City". And when that happens, which is often in Spain, this scheduled recording will not start because the names don't match. Now, is there a way to record the show even if the episode name is listed? I know I can set it to "Record always at this time", but the schedule may be shifted (it happens too often) and you end without the ending or the beginning. A partial name matching would be a handy feature, something like record "Stargate SG-1*" always on this channel (meaning that after the last character -user selected-, anything else does not matter).

ohdarklord

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2005
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I have similar problems when im recording tv shows

For example King of the hill somtimes is king of the hill (lower case k)

And somtimes shows that are early morning channel 4 have T4 infront of the name.

If someone could make a way for mediaportal to to use a wildcard like * or not be case specific it would be really usefull.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Yeah, this is definitely a needed feature. Could also allow matching on genre, time ranges, etc. This is a difficult thing to get right with a remote, however, so I imagine that is why it currently doesn't exist.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    It doesn't has to be that difficult, it could be implemented in a way that the left arrow (on remote or keyboard) trims the left side of the program description, and moving to the right does the same on the right side; then looking at the remaining string like '*string*' would work, and it would be easy to the user (or at least it looks easy enough to me).

But that's a feature request :) . Before posting on the correct forum I wanted to know if there is a way to do this, and it seems that there isn't.

Any moderator around who could move this post to the feature requests forum? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom