recording video (1 Viewer)

dlbott

October 14, 2022
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet... using windows 10...

It would be nice for all things video, the tube, hulu, netflix yada yada....

some programs have the built in download which is nice because i watch on bigscreen and not computer and the smart tv's can load from usb... this does not work in every program, it should, i mean once you pay for it you should be able to watch on anything you want lol...

anyway, can't really find if this program will work or if someone has one I can try... am disabled and can't sit in front of computer long...

starlink finally came so maybe it will help.. the back bedroom computers still can't connect however.... but it is nice on ones closer to the router.... still on best effort but maybe in another year maybe we get full residential service lol..

anyway,

thanks

the bot

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet... using windows 10...

It would be nice for all things video, the tube, hulu, netflix yada yada....

some programs have the built in download which is nice because i watch on bigscreen and not computer and the smart tv's can load from usb... this does not work in every program, it should, i mean once you pay for it you should be able to watch on anything you want lol...

anyway, can't really find if this program will work or if someone has one I can try... am disabled and can't sit in front of computer long...

starlink finally came so maybe it will help.. the back bedroom computers still can't connect however.... but it is nice on ones closer to the router.... still on best effort but maybe in another year maybe we get full residential service lol..

anyway,

thanks

the bot
    You are looking for an option to download streams. MP2 OnlineVideos plugin can do that. But not for the pages you mentioned (Netflix, Hulu, …), because it is illegal and the streams are protected.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom