[Rejected] Recording with an enabled epg user selects the wrong card (1 Viewer)

Bytehunter

Portal Member
March 13, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi!
My problem occurs only with an enabled dvb epg grabber and two tv cards. One of them is an analog card which I only use during a fallback situation, when the first card(dvb-c) is recording at the same time when I’m watching an other program. The dvb-c card has a higher priority than the analog card. The epg grabber can only use the dvb-c card and therefore this card always has a user.
Concerning the source code, the AdvancedCardAllocation is responsible to gather all free cards. But the AdvancedCardAllocation doesn’t consider the epg user. In a zapping situation, the whole epg grabber is stopped and so all cards are free. In contrast to this, in the recording situation the epg grabber is informed after getting the free cards by StartRecordingNotification to stop.
My patch considers the epg user in AdvancedCardAllocation.

Attachments

• recording_with_epg_TvService_SVN25277.patch
    30.7 KB

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Set to rejected because patch will not be used "as is". Still thanks for the pointers.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Recording with an enabled epg user selects the wrong card

is there any progress on this? I've 3 tv cards and very often problems when suddently viewing something stops cause tvserver stops two streams indestad of one or it allocates channels to wrong card...

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Recording with an enabled epg user selects the wrong card

is there any progress on this? I've 3 tv cards and very often problems when suddently viewing something stops cause tvserver stops two streams indestad of one or it allocates channels to wrong card...

That depends on what you expect by progress. It is currently scheduled for > 1.1.0. If you want, i can supply you with the latest patch available.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Oh that whould be really nice if you can do that.

On the other way that's bad i was hoping that it will be included in 1.1.0 as it makes a lot of trouble if you have two or more cards. But a patch is enough for me :) thank you so much.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Oh that whould be really nice if you can do that.

On the other way that's bad i was hoping that it will be included in 1.1.0 as it makes a lot of trouble if you have two or more cards. But a patch is enough for me :) thank you so much.

The change is part of the patch for 0002850: Bugs in card allocation - MediaPortal Bugtracker

See attached file. I am not sure if it still works with current SVN. If not please let me know and i will try if i can find the time to produce an up to date one.

Attachments

• card allocation v9.patch
      62.6 KB

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

thanks for posting the patch. Appliying wasn't a problem here. But i've still a general question. If such a mantis is already "fixed". Why isn't such a patch posted to mantis or why doesn't mp 1.1.0 has it's own branch so that such fixes can already be integrated into the trunk?

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

thanks for posting the patch. Appliying wasn't a problem here. But i've still a general question. If such a mantis is already "fixed". Why isn't such a patch posted to mantis or why doesn't mp 1.1.0 has it's own branch so that such fixes can already be integrated into the trunk?

That's a simple one: It is not yet fixed. The patch should be OK but we are lacking extensive (unit) testing and code reviewing. Because this is a very critical part of the application this change was considered too dangerous for 1.1.0 at that time.

Branching will be done very soon i hope, but currently, although we are in RC, there are too many changes happening (and necessary).

About publication of the patch: I do not know what the team standpoint on that is :) I don't mind publishing it since i just did, and it are my changes anyway.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ah OK - thanks for clarifying this. It would be nice if you could update this thread if you found a bug or fix something more. I'll test if this fixes my bugs i had with wrong card alloc. thanks again. Stefan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom