[TV] recordings re name (2 Viewers)

patch

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
canberra
Home Country
Australia Australia
i use the scheduler to record foxtel and theres noway toput a name to the recording
ie sheduled recordings -new-quick/advanced-time-lenth --------- to have it so you could put a name to
the recording at this point would be would be ideal as you end up with lots of recordigs that say
manual 22-3-12 the only way to know what they are is by date this is a feature i talked about before
with media portal, i just hope that with 1.3 titan tis could be introduced
thankyou and fantastic job of titan and 1.3

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ALL my recordings are named according to the EPG, I am using rules like
    Record every time on this channel
    Record every day at this time on this channel etc...

Last edited:

patch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i realise that if you are useing epg it will name recordings but if you use av or svideo and 2200 anlog card
    it does not have the names on the guied, as i record foxtel
    this way,there is no way to set name of recording , also i have had times where the epg has lost a program by its name and put the recording in a manual folder and there is agian noway to change the name in mediaportal ,i know there must be alot of codeing to do this ,how could this be done?
    because i connot code to save my life

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So basically you are asking for a magical naming fairy that can guess the name of the tv show when you don't have any epg?[DOUBLEPOST=1357005418][/DOUBLEPOST]ok i think you will need to use a sql database editor to edit the database.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Rename the file and import into Recorded TV Db in TV server configuration "Recording" section "Database import" tab.

patch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    first thankyou for your replies , a magical rename fairy would be great[
    and renaming and import tab is a good idea,but i think you need to connect a set top box via av svideo have it show up in guide then set a
    recording to know what i mean as a lot of other software lets you rename in the inside the application its self,but mediaportal being the best
    sadly lacks this , i dont mean to pain but alot of others would proberly like this extra feature for ease of use,but again thankyou for your
    replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom