Recordings should show up when they start and not after. (1 Viewer)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I was recording shows back to back and noticed that the shows show up after they are fully done recording. I don't know if there is a reason for this or that it reads the info from the file and can only do that once its done. I am unaware of how MP really works but would like to see something like this in the future.

When your show starts to record, I would like to see it show up under recorded tv. All it would need is the title and maybe under that "recording now". If you click on that show you would be presented with a menu that asks to start the show from the beginning or start the show were it is currently at (Live).

90% of the time I am watching recorded shows. I head on into recorded shows and it would be nice to see every single show that is there, even the ones that are recording at the present time.

What do you guys think?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this can already be done. Just look into the timer menu and not in recordings. :)

You will see the red dot on the shows that are currently recording. Clicking on such a show you will be asked, if you want to see the show from beginning.

You are somewhat right. I also searched for that in the first place in the recordings menu. But know I think, it fits quite well in timer. Just a thing of personal taste. ;)

Flip

nbradford

Portal Member
    January 16, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Actually - for what its worth - I would prefer currently recording shows to show up in recordedTV rather than scheduled as well. Pretty minor gripe though, for such an awesome piece of software! :D

Jetboy

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'd have to agree on this one. It makes more sense to make the recording show up under recorded tv even though it's not done yet. If it's not too much work, that is.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Yeah, I would prefer them in scheduled. As Callifo says, it just seems wrong to me for something that is recording show up in the recorded television section.

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I guess as an alternate solution, we could have another button between "Scheduled" and "Recorded TV" called "In Progress" which would show any currently recording shows.

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    There is one problem for the actual way.

if you start to watch during the recording there is a little freeze when the record stop.
    maybe MP write infos in the database from schedule to recorded table or to close a dvr-ms file some info are wrote in the header.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom