RedEye Serial control for Sky and Cable STB's (1 Viewer)

talos

Portal Pro
August 24, 2004
UK
This is fantastic news! I've just ordered my red eye. Once this functionality is integrated, my MediaPortal setup will be complete (if ever such a thing is possible - there's alwyas some new and interesting functionality around the corner). I'm a very happy bunny!
Thanks for your work on this.

pmbsa

Portal Pro
September 27, 2004
Hi, ok, I have been running with my redeye changes now for a little over a week on 1.0.5.1 and it all seems fine, I am not sure how to go about submitting the code but from what I have read I need to post it to the ftp site, please could somebody confirm that for me so I can get it up there.

thanks
Paul

P

paulh

pmbsa said:
I am not sure how to go about submitting the code but from what I have read I need to post it to the ftp site, please could somebody confirm that for me so I can get it up there.

Hi there,

You need to submit a patch on sourceforge, basically put all the files that make-up this plugin in a .zip file, then goto this URL http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=107397&atid=647927 and follow the "submit new" link, after that its pretty self-explanatory.

Looking forward to trying out your plugin with my Pace STB.

pmbsa

Portal Pro
September 27, 2004
Hi, it looks on the surface to be the same type of thing, I guess the thing that will count is if irblaster has extra's inside, I am not the expert on redeye but it looks to have a basic firmware which allows it to send a different frequency range depending on your type of box, it has 2 different ranges for various cable boxes and a range for sky boxes.
You select your style of box once and from then on the numbers that are sent down the serial port are interprested and transmitted according to that setting.

thanks
Paul

M

MadAxeMan

What are the two settings - are they RC5/IrDA and do you now any of the lower level implementation details - does it just switch the DTR line?

pmbsa

Portal Pro
September 27, 2004
yes, those are the 2 settings, if you look on the website there is loads of stuff on how it is all implemented

sparkles

Portal Member
January 16, 2005
love the redeye support though im having a prob with the com port becoming unavalable after a bit in mp. any ideas. mp 1.0.0.5.1 seemed to work a lot smoother than this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom