regeszter's custom MP (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have added a check to not protect when we stay on TVHome and we go in different sub menu (like TV Guide / Scheduled / Recorded TV) but if go outside (back to tv home) it will be reset.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    private void OnRecordedDisAllowed

I will remove this because I do not want to show this in children PCs. There are an another feature where I not shown the PIN protected groups (check TvPlugin setup). Your feature breaks this design.

Is it in your branch ? can you explain more ?

It is enabled on my kids' PCs. So they do not know that if there is any protected groups. It is disabled on parents room PC, so I see the PIN protected groups but I have to enter the correct PIN to unlock that.

View attachment 173659

So you can keep the 'OnRecordedDisAllowed' :) but you just have to not valid it when the 'Hide protected Groups' is checked ?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Patch V2 :
    To avoid to always re-enter code pin :)

Attachments

• 0001-TVE3-Patch-regeszter-Part2-Add-another-check-to-only.patch
      4.1 KB

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Patch V2 :
    To avoid to always re-enter code pin :)
    I can not apply it because I removed your the menu based hide/unhide stuff. It is not necessary for me. I do not want to enable my kids to use the unprotect option.

According to my design I want to ask the PIN only on group changing. Needs to switch to an unprotected group after entering the TV Plugin (home, schedule, recorded tv, guide).

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just tested your 1.14 server/client and 1.14 client. I love the place shift function!
    I got a sql error starting tv-server in logs caused by xbmc-server plugin. It was missing pinCode field in table ChannelGroups, but after I manually altered the table it worked fine again.
    Keep this in mind please!

I'm at work so not a lot time to fiddle more. There's one more thing I'd like to know.
    Would your build make it possible somehow to share what you are watching (or maybe even what you are recording) at the moment via MPExtended/WebMediaportal?
    eg.
    Often I have to travel for work and it would be nice if I could watch like a movie with the kids at the same time *while skyping.
    I know I can set that up some other way, but the whole placeshift and streamshare functionality your build already has got me thinking.

Last edited:

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Would your build make it possible somehow to share what you are watching
    Try http://trakt.tv and trakt.tv plugin ...
    I mean the actual stream, not the title...

Regeszter, may I ask you how you get the stream that's playing on Client 1 to Client 2? I know that you click on Tv-Streams on Client 2 and then select the stream from Client 1.
    After that you still need to fast forward to get close to "live", but this way you can get a channel on a dvb-ip card with Cam limit=1 to show on multiple computers.
    After that it should be easy to use that source for an external client (like VLC on Client 3 on Lan, or even on Client 4 on Wan after transcoding with like ffmpeg)
    Now if I try to tune in to a DVBIP channel that's in use I just get a "no free card available" message.

I've tried to restream the rtsp://tvserver:556/stream8.0 (where 8.0 is cardID.StreamID) but that seems to lock the Timeshift buffer files, preventing them from being deleted, thus messing up timeshifting and the stream. With your solution this doesn't seem the case. How so? I'm using UNC method on clients, have not tested what happens if I switch back to RTSP method, but that's awfully slow with zapping.

Another thing I'm going to try next is to set up vodserver (see other posts in forum), which starts streaming a dvbip channel once you tune to it and feed that output stream as a channel in MePo thereby, but maybe there's an easier method in the way you use to "duplicate" the stream.

Thanks for your work so far!

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Regeszter, may I ask you how you get the stream that's playing on Client 1 to Client 2? I know that you click on Tv-Streams on Client 2 and then select the stream from Client 1.

Do you talk about to play same stream on another client?

I've tried to restream the rtsp://tvserver:556/stream8.0 (where 8.0 is cardID.StreamID) but that seems to lock the Timeshift buffer files, preventing them from being deleted, thus messing up timeshifting and the stream. With your solution this doesn't seem the case. How so? I'm using UNC method on clients, have not tested what happens if I switch back to RTSP method, but that's awfully slow with zapping.

I use the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom