Registry settings for Nvidia decoders (1 Viewer)

Groom

May 31, 2006
Purevideo not working for tv

johncl said:
Flerbizky said:
I have the exact same problem. DVD playback is very very sharp and smooth with the Nvidia codec, but it doesnt seem to have any effect when viewing live TV. I would have assumed that scaling would be better also with the Nvidia codec, but as you have noticed, the little icon doesnt pop up, indicating that it really isnt used at all.

I know this post is about a year old, but I would like to know if anybody has solved this problem?

Purevideo works great for dvd's, but doesn't start when I'm watching tv.
I really would like to get it up and running. Mostly so that my cpu doen't have to run at about 90% all the time.

Any info would be appreciated.

eyecue

April 19, 2006
I had the same symptom, where I set NVidia Audio/Decoder Decoder in configuration, but it wasnt being used when viewing TV.

Resolved the issue by going into Settings > TV > Audio & Video Decoder options within MP, and setting it there.

Upon MP restart, NVidia's Decoder tray icon comes up as expected.

bigj

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
Be aware that sometimes the tray icon doesn't appear but the nvideo codec *is* still being used.
Try GraphEdit and connecting to remote graph.
Or - if you use ffdshow - you can click its tray icon and see the whole graph stack.
As to why the icon doesn't always appear and what that means I can't say...

About DVD versus TV. If TV is interlaced and you are 'hiqual' deinterlacing then that can add a blur/sheen to things - using simple BOB deinterlacing on a CRT is cheap and just great for TV.

kuehnch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2006
    Cologne (Köln)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want to see a lot of more options in nvidia-configuration, use the following tweak:

------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Filters\Video]
    "EnablePropPage"=dword:00000001
    "PureVideoPropPage"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Filters\Audio]
    "EnablePropPage"=dword:00000001

-----

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Flerbizky said:
    Also, for hauppauge cards I know there is a free tool online that allows you to adjust some features of the card. From what I saw on the screenshot of the tool, sharpness is one of them as well as some options to reduce blur (my PVR 150 MCE blurs a bit compared to how my Sony LCD tuner renders the signal). Other than that I have a decent picture in MediaPortal with no interlacing problems (which I have problems with in Meedio).

Where is this free online tool?

Pizzadan

April 25, 2007
    Hi,
    Try doing it in the movies setup.
    It just worked for me, i dont know why.

Sorry for my English :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom