Reminders? (1 Viewer)

Shurik

Portal Pro
December 13, 2006
Alberta
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey guys,

Well, it's been not that long since I installed MP, so I am still discovering the functionality (even though I'm pretty sure I know most of it by now). Anyhow, I cannot find in TV engine anything that resembles reminders. What is that? Well, it's just a way to remind me when something I want to watch is about to start. I have that functionality in my STB, so I kinda miss it - it's quite handy to check the schedule, select all those shows I want to watch and then be reminded by on-screen menu.

So, the question - does this exist? If not, then is this in the plans? If not, what's the criteria to become an MP developer and contribute to the project?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Reminder:
    In TV-guide: select a show - press "OK" - choose remind me (from the top of my head... not to far off, anyway)

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for reply, Spragleknas ;) Well, I just checked it.. When I press OK I get into "Recording" screen, which, in fact, has an item "Alert me".. I didn't realize that "Recording" screen has some other functionality.. I would actually VERY much prefer functionality to be context related - it gets a bit confusing otherwise.. So, instead of taking me to "Recording" screen when I press OK I would prefer to see small menu pop-up with few items like "Recording options", "Remind" (Alert), etc... Would make more sense..

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    As this post did not contain a working "Tips & Tricks", I have moved it to "Support" ... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom