Remote control key behaviour (1 Viewer)

Peter Ballantyne

April 20, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I'm new to MediaPortal, in fact i'm moving into the final stages of testing it before I purchase hardware to replace an existing SageTV setup.

What i'm hoping someone here might be able to help me with is if I wanted to try and change some behaviour in MediaPortal, where I might be able to find it in the source code.

The setup i'm looking at using makes use of the StreamedMP skin, and the behaviour i'm looking to adjust is the need to use the "Return" key on the remote control to go back to the previous menu. I would prefer if I could just use the left and right arrows to move forward and back between menus.

So my question is, where is sort of behaviour controlled, through the skin, or the MediaPortal application itself? I have tried to have a look through the skin file but can't see anything that corresponds to the issue i'm looking to address. If it is controlled through the MediaPortal application itself, can someone point me in the right direction in the source code. Also, could a process plugin be used to address this?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A lot of the menus in StreamedMP require the left + right keys to navigate, if you remapped these keys you wouldn't be able to control the menus properly.

To do what you propose you would have to do two things.
    1. Remap the left key to the back button. This is done under MP Config: Remote Mappings
    2. Edit A LOT of the streamedmp skin files and change the menus so they could be navigated without using the left/right arrow keys

With regards to the right arrow, then is no "forward action" (ie the opposite of "back") within MediaPortal. So you would have to change a lot of the MP navigation code to implement this new feature.

All in all, what you are asking is not really feasible, practical, or worth the effort involved.

Might be worth stating why it is that the default behavior is not desirable to you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom