REMOTE for PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i) (1 Viewer)

jimbolina

Portal Pro
August 6, 2007
Home Country
Have a look in Mediaportal configuration in general - keyboard shortcuts. That might be what you are looking for.

ralphgross

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 3, 2008
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: REMOTE for PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i)

Dear Jimbolina,

still one bug is left. I put a link to remoterm on my desktop (C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\PCTV Systems\RemoTerm) to start it by clicking at it.

Obviously it doesn't start like that. I must start PCTV and close it again.

Afterwards my profiles. ini works which is here :
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\PCTV Systems\RemoTerm\Profiles

Do you remember if you had a bug like that as well ? How do I solve this ?

Thanks.
    Best regards,
    Ralph

jimbolina

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    I actually didn't have that problem. Remoterm is loaded at startup on my machine.

Remoterm is in a different folder on my machine (probably due to the older version), but in the same folder as remoterm, there are a number of dll's that it probably needs to be able to run. If you can find which folder these dll's are in and make a shortcut to remoterm with "start in" set to this folder, it might work.

I'm just guessing that might be the problem. I can't say for sure.

Here are two of the dll's that are in my remote folder that might help if you need to search for them:
    BDADLL.dll
    remot0001.dll

Also have a look at the settings inside the pctv software. You might just need to select your remote in there to setup remoterm as this guy found: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/pctv-remote-kit-doesnt-work-70217/

ralphgross

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 3, 2008
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks,

I'll try tonight (I'm at work now...). How exactly would I have to use that "START IN" :confused: of remoterm ?

The guys thread is OK-I checked the remote this way as well-after this it works in MP perfect, but what a hassle that is! And it don't do any changes to the ini-file.

In my desperation I opened up a new thread for this issue too. I'm uncertain about that rc_id=2 must be B. I think I got this wrong it's set to 1 in my file. The PCTVremote manual is incorrect-the coloured ones are type B by the way.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Ralph
    :D

jimbolina

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    How exactly would I have to use that "START IN" of remoterm ?

Just right click the shortcut to remoterm on your desktop and select properties, then in the "starts in" field, enter the name of the folder that contains those dll's (start->search). On my machine the dll's are in C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\Remote\, but I don't know where they might be on your machine.

Sorry but I don't know much about the rc_id=2 line. I didn't have to change this in my profile. I don't think that has anything to do with starting remoterm.exe though. If your remote works in MP now, then you don't need to change the profiles.ini file anymore.

ralphgross

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 3, 2008
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: REMOTE for PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i)

Hi Jimbolina,

Also have a look at the settings inside the pctv software. You might just need to select your remote in there to setup remoterm as this guy found: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ne...nt-work-70217/

==> Unfortunately true I have to confirm this. PCTV must be started then the remote choosen and then...I can use the remote in MediaPortal. What a hassle.

I did monkey around with the Pinnacle Versions. Deinstalled 6 then Installed 4 (to use it like you do ) and then install 6 again. Version 4 messed up completely during install and then I could not do a clean deinstall.

My vision was to start remoterm and use the remote in MP==> no success

So I'll work with this workaround for now but still this bothers me.

:D for your support.
    Best regards,
    Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom