remote help (1 Viewer)

deezee69

Portal Member
November 27, 2006
hi
i have the Winfast Xp tvcard i dont have the remote(cant find it) but would the remote be able to work MP home page and the rest of it. and can any remote be used to work MP. if so can anyone suggest any cheap remotes .im used to xbmc and found this so im looking to make like 3 systems plus some for my friend some dont want to spent to much money so cheap is good.

would i be able to use the standard xbox remote if i make the ir doggle connect to my pc or do i need a driver for MP use. any help on good cheap remotes . or cheap tv card with remote that controll mp. and is making the remotes work having something to do with keymapping.xml like xbmc??
or just point me in the right direction

thank you:D

im used to xbmc and found this so Mp is much better as a media centre thanks to Media portal team

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This may help ;)

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortalSetup_Remote

If you have a look in media-portal setup > Remotes, there's what you can configure.

I use the Hauppauge remote that came with my card no problems. Think if you just want a seperate one, the Microsoft MCE one is the easiest / best setup for MP. Haven't used it myself though, but its quite cheap, or you could probably pick up a second hand one

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I heard you can even use your Xbox remote with the receiver that comes with the MCE remote. Unfortunately that receiver is not sold seperately, so you have to buy the bundle to get your remote working. Good thing: One remote for the girl, one for the man. Choose what is what. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom