Remote Internet Access (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

It would be great if you could set the tv to record over the Internet/web.
Useful for when you are down the pub and forgot to record something.....and you are lucky enough to have a PDA or Smartphone handy :)

Streaming TV to XBMC would also be very, very cool.

[/img]

A

Anonymous

VNC works well for this (well for iPaq's and similar at least) unless you are running XP SP2 with Fast User Switching. By the time the patch is official I bet one of the VNC packagers will have worked around that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification of the film, IMDBURL is just unnecessary information that will clutter the database.
How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification...
While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
Replies
Views
I've been utilizing Media Portal 1 for about 10 years now. It is a great program, so I thank you for all of your hard work over the years. I was looking into updating to MP 2 but when I ran a test it did not recognize the format that I have used with download tv series information with MP-TV Series (that I've used for 10 years on...
I've been utilizing Media Portal 1 for about 10 years now. It is a great program, so I thank you for all of your hard work over...
I've been utilizing Media Portal 1 for about 10 years now. It is a great program, so I thank you for all of your hard work over...
Replies
Views
Hi I’ve downloaded MediaPortal 2 on my hp server running windows 10. I’d like to access my media via a web interface in any devices; is it possible to do that?
Hi I’ve downloaded MediaPortal 2 on my hp server running windows 10. I’d like to access my media via a web interface in any...
Am I correct in thinking that if I want web access to the EPG (over the Internet), then I need the current version of MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
Well @morpheus_xx you were right, i ticked the box to "force standby" in PowerScheduler. My fault, didn't remember using this option. Now, the servers stays awake.So my "problem" is solved this way, TV server is present when I need it. But I think the underlying questions remains: Does TV server need to stay awake if I am watching...
Well @morpheus_xx you were right, i ticked the box to "force standby" in PowerScheduler. My fault, didn't remember using this...
Hey guys, the wol of MP2 server on client startup works well. I'm very happy to get this feautre implemented directly in MP2. But...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom