Remote navigation buttons stops working after watching a video (1 Viewer)

Fresa

Portal Member
November 11, 2010
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
When I watch a video for some time, let's say an hour, and I stop playback, the navigation buttons stops working until I use a mouse device and click somewhere in the file explorer within Mediaportal. If I start watching a video for let's say a minute, this problem does not occur.

All other control buttons are working, play, pause, stop, volume etc.

The buttons that does not work are up, down, back etc. If I press them continuesly Mediaportal issues a plong-sound.

I have two remotes, both are experiencing the same problem.

My remote controllers:
- Microsoft MCE (the one at the right bottom): HID - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki
- Cideoko AVK 02: Cideko Air AVK-02 - keyboard Overview

Mediaportal 1.16.0

Fresa

Portal Member
November 11, 2010
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Seems I found the problem. Turning on the "Keep MediaPortal Always On Top" option seem to have resolved the issue.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Seems I found the problem. Turning on the "Keep MediaPortal Always On Top" option seem to have resolved the issue.
    That means you probably have some other software installed/running which is stealing the "focus" (on top position) from MP.

Remote controls usually only work with the program that has the focus. In other words: if MP doesn't have the focus, it's no surprise that the remote control doesn't work.

If I were you I would check your other software; especially the software that generates notifications and/or runs in the Windows system tray. The setting/option you've enabled is only a workaround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom