'Remote not connected error' Demo remote not connecting either (1 Viewer)

Rbentley100

Portal Pro
December 6, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I have followed the installation guide on the wiki. The troubleshooting then said to try the demo client for this error.

When I load the demo it recognises my pc (only when I have mediaportal loaded which is what I would expect)
However if I click connect it says, connecting then disconnected as if it cant make a connection.

The demo client is running on the same PC so should be no network issues. Attached are a bunch of log files I generated.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Rbentley100

Portal Pro
December 6, 2011
Home Country
a further update. I went and manually installed the latest version of bonjour from apple and now the demo remote that comes with wifiremote works.

However I still cannot connect over the network to any service (either remote or gma) the gma troubleshooting works on the local PC just fine. However doesn't over the network. I have disabled my windows firewall completely for now to no avail.

Are there any logs I can see on the phone to see where and why it is failing to connect? Or anything else you might be aware of that could be stopping the connection?

Thanks in advance

Rbentley100

Portal Pro
December 6, 2011
Home Country
solved :) just as a note if people are having similar problems.

I configured my connection manually (I had done this before but with the version of bonjour wifiremote picked out which didn't work)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom