Remote Problems... Please help. (1 Viewer)

TonyPeperoni

Portal Member
December 11, 2007
Hi Aaron,

I checked the Input Service log and the IR Server is detecting the RC button presses, so that side of things is ok.

When I try to configure the MCE Replacement plugin in MP Setup, I get the message 'Failed to register for MCE Remote button presses' and can't seem to assign button presses to commands (see attached 'Error_1.jpg'). Just thought I'd run this by you before spending the next 10 hours trying to get this to work!

There was another error message that you might be interested in (see 'Error_2.jpg').

Cheers,

Tony

TonyPeperoni

Portal Member
December 11, 2007
Hi, Aaron

Please disregard the first part of my last post...I've got it all working so a big thank-you for all your help!

The error is more interesting (error_2.jpg/Broadcast Event Window). I was trying to recreate this error under more controlled conditions, to no avail. I set the service to recover/restart after errors in Admin manager and noted that it crashed every 4min47sec (with no pause between restarts), regardless of whether remote is used or not. I left the computer alone for six attempts, used the remote for six attempts and always had this interval between crashes. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Tony

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok, so the first problem was that you were running MCE Replacement Plugin when you should be using MP Control plugin when you use IR Server Suite. MCE Replacement Plugin will interfere with IR Server Suite.

But the second one is interesting ... could be that I'm not accessing the dll for the adstech device correctly ...

Does it still crash Input Service every 4:47 ?

I might need to change the constant polling of the dll ... maybe introduce a longer pause between polls...

I'll make a new version with some more detailed logging built in and get you to test some things out for me... I'll post back a replacement IR Server plugin dll here later.

Thanks,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Try unzipping the attached zip into the IR Server Plugins folder under the IR Server Suite program files folder... overwrite the existing files, but make sure the input service is not running when you do.

This version increases the delay between polling the remote through the dll. hopefully this is enough to get rid of the error.

Let me know if it changes anything.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'll make another change and see what happens, I might need to get you to try another test app though ...

I'll post back later with something you can try.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok, try the attached test programs (there are two in the zip) and send me back the generated log files.

I've built these tests using two different methods of calling into the dll, hopefully one works where the other fails.

The tests will each take approx. 6 minutes, enough time for it to crash ...

Let me know how it goes,

TonyPeperoni

Portal Member
    December 11, 2007
    OK, I've run both exes, as requested, and have attached the log files. I pressed all buttons on the remote in both instances and there were no crashes.

Cheers,,Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom