Remote receiver/Event Ghost going crazy after resuming from sleep (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm having a problem whenever I resume my PC from sleep, in that the Emprex remote receiver is stuck creating phantom commands, so EG is constantly receiving (for example) Left and the focus is rapidly looping between the icons in MP.

To fix this I have to close EG, disconnect the USB receiver, plug it back in again and then restart EG. This normally works but sometime I have to mess around a bit more than this. Obviously this is a pain in the a*se so I'd be grateful if anyone knows how to fix it.

I've already gone to Device Manager and set the USB root hub which the receiver is connected to not to power down when going to standby but that hasn't helped.

EDIT: I've noticed that even after I disconnect the receiver, EG is still acting as if it's receiving commands constantly until I kill it (can't close it normally), plug the receiver back in and then restart EG.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've found that if I wake my PC using the power button on the case I don't have this problem, only if I wake it by pressing a button on the remote. It's a shame not to be able to wake it this way but at least I've found a workaround that avoids having to go through all that palaver each time I wake the PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom