[confirm] Remote stops working (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: v1.1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: P4 2.8Ghz Northwood
HDD: 500GB WD SATA
Memory: 1.5GB DDR
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8i848-PM
Video Card: 2600XT 256MB
Video Card Driver: 9.12
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC655)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6300
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.26168.0
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Nexus 120mm Intake Fan, Accelero S2, Mini Ninja
Power Supply: DELL DA-2 AC->12v DC, mCubed EF28 DC-DC board
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

After starting playback of an AVI my Hauppauge remote stopped working. Checking in MP config, I found that only the directional and numeric keys were working, much like a MCE device sometimes does in Windows. After rebooting, it's working again.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    You might want to try the latest drivers for the hauppauge T500, download and unpack, then go to device manager and select update, choose the unpacked location, doing things this way should not lose your tv settings in tvserver.

If you use their installer it will change the usb address and stop the cards being recognised as the one's installed, when TVserver was first setup, so you will have to start all over again :(

HTH

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Cheers. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the warning about not using the installer. Wouldn't want to have to start again if it can be avoided.

Perhaps the WinTV remote driver is also important, as I know this has to be installed for MP to work with the remote, so I'll update that as well from v2.65.27223.0 to the latest one bundled with WinTV7_CD_1.3 which is v2.65.28014.0.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    27240 is the latest for driver only, so looks like they have made some more changes, supporting what I wonder.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah, the driver package contains the BDA and IR drivers but it doesn't include the IR32.exe app that MP needs to be installed for the Hauppauge remote to work, which has to be extracted from the WinTV7 bundle.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Threw away the hauppauge installation cd years ago, shame on me, unfortunately the remote has never seen light of day since getting a MCE one as well :D

Have actually tried the Win7 program, definitely an improvement on Win6, with all its seperate bits, its just boring to use ;)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I doubt I've still got the CD either, after taking a look at the software and deciding it was rubbish :D

As for WinTV7, bleh who needs it when we've got the vastly superior MP :cool:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I've found another problem in that the remote stops working after resuming from hibernation. Restarting MP fixes it so I'm going to try the "Restart MediaPortal on resume" option and see if that does the trick.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I thought that option had fixed it, but the remote wasn't working properly after resuming from hibernation today until I restarted MP manually, so something still needs tweaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom