Remote suggestions + question (1 Viewer)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi, after trying to find another mce remote for home ive noticed that they are not longer selled at least anywhere near to where i can reach.

Is there any other remote control that will work out of the box with mediaportal? (and within price range mce remote had)

Ive got a hauppauge 45buttons remote that came with my T500, can i buy ANY IR receiver and use it? My main concerned with this is if its too difficult to make it to work, and if mediaportal must be focused always to accepted the keypress (as this is not good)

thanks

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i have the remote above its very good remote, i also have MCE standard drivers which work in 2003 xp pro/home and vista drivers, so you wont need any 3rd party app to convert commands, and you just enable mce remote in mp and away you go

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    BNIB Media Centre Remote withReceiver MCE for Microsoft on eBay, also, Other Peripherals Multimedia, Peripherals Multimedia, Computing (end time 30-Mar-09 16:21:17 BST)

See how much postage, showed £4.20 when I put in Spain, think the biggest problem is getting a driver besides ehome that correctly supports the extra buttons on the remote.

Regards

Thanks PD, i had seen that offer however its a shame cause that is the old model as the new one has a couple of extra buttons (i have one). and at the time it cost me the same but getting the new model.

so there is no substitute for the newest mce remote? we must go for stock left overs? strange that microsoft is doing this, right?

so i should forget about finding a receiver that will make my haupauge remote usefull at all i guess.

edit...
    does someone know if this is kind of the new version...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Certified-P...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

46c9_1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom