[Configuration] Remove Codec settings from within MP (2 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It seems like it would be a good idea to have an option in Config to remove the Codec settings from the TV and Video sections of MP settings as it makes it too easy for someone to accidentally change them and mess things up.

I can understand some users like having them there so that they can easily try changing them, but in other situations where a box has been set up all tweaked and working fine to give to someone non-technical, the fewer chances to accidentally mess things up the better IMHO, which is why I suggest a setting in Config that can be set as desired.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Or set a pin, that when enabled needs to be entered for that particular screen, even better ;)

Yeah, that's a better idea actually as it would save needing to use Config if for some reason it became necessary to make those options available again.

Why not "just" edit skinfiles to make it unavailable?

Like you say "just" :)

That would be an option to completely remove them, but I prefer Paranoid Delusion's idea of a PIN as it locks them out but still keeps them available if for some reason they're ever needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom