Remove WMP as the audio player (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Is there any plan to remove WMP as the audio player in MediaPortal? I prefer not to install it, it is a memory hog and very bloated. There are free alternatives for audio playback. Un4seen Developement's Bass Sound System is free for non-comercial use http://www.un4seen.com/bass.html. It has support for WAV, MP3, MP2, MP1, OGG, Shoutcast, Icecast, Icecast2 and a lot more functions. The dll itself is about 100kb. However I am not sure what you would be able to do for visualizations if you remove WMP.

A

Anonymous

Bad idea I think for a lot of reasons, at least for the immediate future.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    you do not have to use it,
    you can allready use an external player.

Or set the internal player to DirectSHow, then you do not need wmp9 but you will not see any visualisations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Not that I know of...
    Not that I know of...
    GitHub repository | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
    Replies
    Views
    Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/onlinevideos-2-0-0-0-2015-03-26.130171/
    Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here...
    Google Code project | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
    Replies
    Views
    This will help if you are using ffdshow and MP. I have windows 7 and the latest media portal. My audio is direct out to optical Bypass for AC3 and DTS Using SAF 4.00 Codec Pack. I will try and keep this as simple as possible, for more information please respond. Anyone who has issues UpMixing with MP3's and TV Series I have found a...
    This will help if you are using ffdshow and MP. I have windows 7 and the latest media portal. My audio is direct out to optical...
    This will help if you are using ffdshow and MP. I have windows 7 and the latest media portal. My audio is direct out to optical...
    Replies
    Views
    New thread started for MP 1.3.x compatible versions - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-1-3-x-dshowhelper-development.113014/ Tony
    New thread started for MP 1.3.x compatible versions -...
    Hi Folks, This thread is for discussions related to community development of the MP 1.1.x/1.2.x dshowhelper, particularly the...
    Replies
    Views
    Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to how we record tv shows without recording reruns? I know this is probably very basic but anywhere I post on the forum on this is met with a deafening silence. I am sure Mediaportal can do this easily since...
    Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to...
    I've been using MediaPortal for a few months, when I first took the plunge I struggled with understanding how to configure...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom