Removeable Drive Detect Plugin (1 Viewer)

illStyle

Portal Pro
August 26, 2006
Nuremberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

as soon as you plug in a removable drive it gets listed in shares view. It does not allow you to play music from you iPod in MP, though. Your iPod will just act as a removable drive.

Regards,
Simon

TheLexus

Portal Member
December 5, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
krzysior:

Hi, yes, i have seen these slowdown (on my machine it is around 5secs). I cant tell you by now whats the problem with that. I will see where it tooks so long, but maybe this isnt fixable, or at least only with the newer version, which requires changes to mp's source code.

The myvideo problem wasn't on my screen, but i will see if this happens on my machine too.

Slowdown Issue after adding a new drive (around 10secs):

I can confirm that. This is one drawback on how the plugin currently has to work. I cant do anything big, sorry. I will see if i can short the time by factor 2, but this is not the base of the problem.

I hope i can get the devs to add a little mod to mp's main source. With this, there should be no slowdowns anymore...

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I started to program a plugin like this some time ago. My plan was to show a popup when a new USB Device was inserted. In this popup the user should be able to select some actions like "Play all", "Copy to shares", "Play one".
    On insert I would scan the device to see what file types are on it, movies, music, pictures ... From this info you could generate the list of actions.
    One cool thing I had in mind was to open the plugin for other plugins. This would make it possible to know if a movie file was a TV Series episode and to copy it directly into the correct directory and so on.

Sadly I was unable to get past the USB insert detection (missing time and knowledge ;)) so maybe you would like to take some of those ideas and use them in your plugin.

Bye, Shukuyen.

TheLexus

Portal Member
    December 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

thanks for you suggestions. Some of theme are on my mind too. Before i add other features i want a cleaner implementation than i have by now. If MP gets a little change by the devs i will extend this plugin.

Your suggestions are on the TODO list!

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found an odd problem with this plugin. Once enabled it makes my Mediaportal executable crash, only when I watch BBC-HD live tv. As soon as I disable the plugin AND remove the dll from the plugins dir and a reboot I can watch BBC-HD again. (BBC-HD astra 28.2)

If needed i can provide logs, but there is no trace of this plugin in the logs.

TheLexus

Portal Member
    December 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thats really strange!

Do you have logging level set to debug? If not please do so and look again at the logs if there is any output of the plugin (should start with [RemovableDriveDetectPlugin].

pcjunk

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok i have tryed this one with a 8 gb memorystick when in mp in mymusic de drive letter shows up but it take i while
    when i take the stick out it take i while also before the drive letter is gone
    so the plugin is working good but you have to wait when the when the mouse pointer is showing up again then you can go on
    the plugin is also working with usb harddrives when the screen comes up with the question what to do
    press cancel go to the mainscreen and go to mymusic again and there is youre driveletter!
    great plugin very handy thanks!

bxr

Portal Member
    June 8, 2009
    Lexus,

1. The plugin works with USB keys, but when external USB hard disk is plugged, it doesn't recognizes it.
    2. A question:
    I looked at the sources but didn't understand how updating the shares updates the Video plugin (share) online without restarting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom