Removing delay (1 Viewer)

Daiceman

Portal Member
October 29, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey, I'm trying to get my ps2 running through my video card. But there is about a2 second the delay in mediaportal. It is not the card though, as it works in Dscaler without the delay, but the video dosen't sync up with the refresh rate in Dscaler. Everything looks find in Mediaportal but it is behind a second or two. Is there any way to get rid of this delay?

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If you have a hardware encoding card, then yes it is the Card. The reason Dscaler doesnt have the delay is that it pulls the RAW frames right from the card before they goto the MPEG encoder. The MPEG encoding process is what creates that 1 - 2 second delay. This is why Dscaler can claim they have the best picture quality - because they are pulling RAW frames from the card.

If you're using Mediaportal then there will always be a delay. Instead you should plug your PS2 directly into the TV - not into your capture card.

dhrto

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's too bad. I wanted to plug my consoles into my tv-card too, because my tv (or rather very big crt monitor) doesn't have composite inputs, just a vga/dsub.

Besides, I was hoping that by going through the tv-card, the image would be enhanced for display on a (non-interlaced) monitor. With the good old DScaler everything worked perfect.

I have my htpc hooked up to a full HD res. display, so I really don't want to go back to these HD-ready tv's with a lower resolution that do have composite inputs. Guess I will just have to wait for the full HD tv's to become more affordable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom