Rename database problem (+ How to read logs) (1 Viewer)

NightOwl69

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Using 4.0.3 I put an nfo file in a movie directory to ensure the correct imdb reference is found for that movie. The nfo only has the following entry in it:
Code:
"http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0253754/"
When the movie is imported it no longer uses the entries in "Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml" which has the following entry instead it uses the title from IMDb "Star Trek: Nemesis".
Code:
<rename id="tt0253754" title="Star Trek X: Nemesis" sortby="Star Trek 10" />

Is this by design? I personally would rather it continued to use the rename database.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.0.3

Using 4.0.3 I put an nfo file in a movie directory to ensure the correct imdb reference is found for that movie. The nfo only has the following entry in it:
    Code:
    "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0253754/"
    When the movie is imported it no longer uses the entries in "Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml" which has the following entry instead it uses the title from IMDb "Star Trek: Nemesis".
    Code:
    <rename id="tt0253754" title="Star Trek X: Nemesis" sortby="Star Trek 10" />

Is this by design? I personally would rather it continued to use the rename database.

You movingpictures.log file will show exactly what happened. I also made sure that you do not even need to enable 'debug' log mode inside MediaPortal to know what happened.

Log mode lines:

CORRECT = "IMDb+ Scraper: Settings overruled via Options XML file"

This means the IMDb+ scraper was able to read all your custom options correct as configurable by IMDb+ plugin

FAILURE = ""IMDb+ Scraper Notice: No XML file found for options, default values are used"

No file found, or it was found, but contained errors

OPTIONALLY CORRECT = ""IMDb+ Scraper: [LANGUAGE] ([SITE]) used for some data on: tt0499549"

Secondary language was enabled and you can see that it was activly used for the movie specificed (Avatar example)

OPTIONAL WARNING = "IMDb+ Scraper WARNING: English summary used, because no foreign one exists for: tt0499549"

Secondary language was enabled and no foreign summary found, so English alternative was used (if that setting is enabled)

FAILURE DETECTION = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Math node test FAILED - Forcing Single Score system"

Users who have their OS configured to use (comma) as decimal seperators will fail the math test. MovingPictures right now still has a bug, so I added a detection system. I simply divide 19.98 by 2 and if the result is not 9.99 (the other systems will return 9,99) then this log line shows and the IMDb+ scraper automatically disables certain rating systems that require math.

FAILURE OPTIONAL = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Math node test FAILED - Forcing imdb.com score (MetaScore disabled)"
    FAILURE OPTIONAL = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Math node test FAILED - Forcing RottenTomatoes critics score (Audience disabled)"
    FAILURE OPTIONAL = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Math node test FAILED - Forcing RottenTomatoes critics average rating (Percentile disabled)"
    FAILURE OPTIONAL = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Math node bug #1 detected on &lt;divide&gt; node."
    FAILURE OPTIONAL = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Math node bug #2 detected on &lt;divide&gt; node."
    FAILURE OPTIONAL = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Math node bug #3 detected on &lt;divide&gt; node."
    FAILURE OPTIONAL = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Math node bug #4 detected on &lt;divide&gt; node."
    FAILURE OPTIONAL = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Math node bug #5 detected on &lt;divide&gt; node."

Additional logging that depends on combination of errors, you might see none or some of these lines depending on your options if you use (comma) as decimal seperator.

CORRECT = "IMDb+ Scraper: Title adjusted via Default Rename XML for: tt0499549"
    CORRECT = "IMDb+ Scraper: Title adjusted via Custom Rename XML for: tt0499549"
    OPTIONALLY CORRECT = "IMDb+ Scraper: SortBy adjusted via Default Rename XML for: tt0499549"
    OPTIONALLY CORRECT = "IMDb+ Scraper: SortBy adjusted via Custom Rename XML for: tt0499549"

The rename system (default or custom) was used to adjust the title and possibly the sortby value if needed (Avatar example)

OPTIONALLY CORRECT (Requires DEBUG mode) = "IMDb+ Scraper: Roman Numeral stripped for 'The Transporter' being first movie in the series"

If the related option is enabled, and you got debug mode enabled, you can verify that the system kicked in. Of course you can visually verify this, but because the Roman numeral strip system only works on a refresh after initial import (still working on fixing that as well), this line was added to help me duing debugging. This is not done to the custom rename system, because you can simply modify your XML file for that.

FAILURE = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Default Rename XML file has more then one entry for: tt0499549"
    FAILURE = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Custom Rename XML file has more then one entry for: tt0499549"

Something is wrong and multiple entries for the same movie slipped into the database. I have a few safeguards in place for the default rename system to prevent this from happening, but mistakes can/will happen. Notify me when they happen for default one :)

FAILURE = "IMDb+ Scraper ERROR: Aborting details node, movie.site_id is empty"

Something horribly went wrong during import and/or search node and no reference to the movie was obtained

SEARCH NODE (Requires DEBUG mode) = "IMDb+ Scraper: Forcing match via the IMDb tt-ID found in filename: [tt0499549]"

Extra system put in place to work around another movingpictures bug and that is when you enable to prefer foldernames, the IMDb tt-ID inside a filename is ignored. This message is to notify you that this was overruled.

SEARCH NODE (Requires DEBUG mode) = "IMDb+ Scraper: Direct match found for [tt0499549] as: 'Avatar (2009)'"

Additional information to see what IMDb+ scraper-script was doing during the search-node lookup to show that it was using the IMDb ID either from filename or NFO file.

SEARCH NODE (Requires DEBUG mode) = "IMDb+ Scraper: Forcing title as '[Bla Bla]' to make auto-approve work and then we fix title later"

Another work around to improve auto-approval rates. This ensures that "Batman I; Batman.avi" still auto-approves as "Batman", and is only used when IMDb tt-ID was found inside filename when foldername was used to do the search with.

Then you can also enable scraper-debug mode (special mode) to see the entire scraper function step by step in detail. Since this will lead to roughly 1-2MB *PER* movie worth of log file the above info and debug log lines were put in place to make it possible to still see exactly what is going on without leading to enourmous log files.

Note: Keep in mind that MovingPictures works asynchrone by default. Meaning if you import 3 movies at the same time, your log file might look like:

Log line movie #1
    Log line movie #2
    Log line movie #1
    Log line movie #2
    Log line movie #1
    Log line movie #3
    Log line movie #2
    Log line movie #3
    Log line movie #3​

Mixed in you might also see other log lines from other tasks that MovPic does, such as the initial startup stuff to verify missing MediaInfo and Follw.it details. If you do have troubles the best way is to wait between MovPic startup and you beginning your tests to ensure all the init stuff is done (I usually delete the movingpictures.log file and wait 3-secs to see if a new one is created), and to only import (or refresh/reimport) just one movie. You can also adjust the advanced 'Thread' setting to 1, but this will serverly slow down the import process during regular usage, so manually importing just one movie is easiest.

PS: It also helps running MediaPortal in windowed mode during testing, so that you can have Windows Explorer open to look at log file/etc. You can also use the PluginConfigLoader.exe tool to directly launch MovPic config without having to open MediaPortal config. Search the forum for the full command if this interests you.

Long story short to debug your issue, turn on debug mode in MediaPortal config, and re-import your movie in MovPic. The movingpictures.log file should then contain the following line(s):

• IMDb+ Scraper: Direct match found for [tt0253754] as: 'Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)'
    • IMDb+ Scraper: Settings overruled via Options XML file
    • IMDb+ Scraper: Title adjusted via Default Rename XML for: tt0253754
    • IMDb+ Scraper: SortBy adjusted via Default Rename XML for: tt0253754

This is of course assuming you do infact have the rename+group option enabled :)

If you still have trouble debugging this yourself, enable debug mode and provide me with the full movingpictures.log file and I'll do it for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom