Rename system uses US-title instead of UK-title (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK, so in America xXx2 is known as "State Of The Union" and in the UK its called "The Next Level". Using this script, its picking up the American name and not the UK name. How do I change this so that the UK name is used. This is the only film I have noticed this on, everything else appears to be working ok. I have also checked the imdb id against the site and it is picking up the correct details.

Anyone with any ideas?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.6

OK, so in America xXx2 is known as "State Of The Union" and in the UK its called "The Next Level". Using this script, its picking up the American name and not the UK name. How do I change this so that the UK name is used. This is the only film I have noticed this on, everything else appears to be working ok. I have also checked the imdb id against the site and it is picking up the correct details.

Anyone with any ideas?

The rename+group system only has American entries in them. So if you are getting "xXx II: State Of The Union", then this is done via the default rename system. To overcome this, add a custom rename database entry:

<rename id="tt0329774" title="xXx II: The Next Level" />​

File you need to edit is located at: "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\IMDb+\Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml". As explained earlier, a system will be created inside IMDb+ plugin that will allow you to add/edit these type of entries via GUI, but for the time being you'll have to do it manually. You can copy and paste any entries from the default "Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml" file to make it easier as well. Just keep in mind that any adjustments to the default one will not last long, as they will be overwritten on the next update-check when I release a new version (which is why there is a custom one).

Once you added/edited a movie, then use the IMDb+ Plugin Refresh system to easaly refresh all your rename database entries, but if you did just one movie, then it will be quicker to do it from within MovingPictutes, as you can just refresh/update a single movie then.

The other option would be to disable the rename system, and with UK certifications enabled, you should then end up with "The Next Level" as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom