Repeat rate on volume control keyboard -> IR (1 Viewer)

radompunter

December 29, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I am very impressed with IR Server Suite so far.

One problem that is stopping me from submitting this for WAF evaluation is the repeat rate on keyboard presses converted to IR commands for volume control.

I have a wireless keyboard and have set translator to map the volume keys through to IR commands blasted out via MCE remote transceiver to my hifi.

The behaviour I would like is to be able to hold the volume buttons down to start changing volume, then release to stop - exactly as a remote control works. However, it looks like IR Server/Translator sends every keypress event it receives out as an IR command to the hifi, resulting in it continuing to change the volume after releasing the key - often all the way to maximum or minimum volume.

Is there a way to make IR Server repeat an IR command at a certain rate while the key is down and stop when the key is released?

Thanks for any help,

Ashley

Starwer

Portal Member
August 27, 2014
Eindhoven
Home Country
France France
Hi Ashley,

You surely have a point. What probably happens is that the key-repeat is faster than the blast-command, leading to a traffic jam of the communication. the keystroke events fill up the communication buffer of the blast command somewhere between the socket and the MCE itself.
A workaround would be to limit the repeat-key-rate, but I don't know if it's already possible in the current IRSS (does anyone here knows?).
A cleaner solution would be to implement a blast-jam detection in the IRSS server that enables to discard the incoming blast request accumulating (I don't think it is implemented). This is not a straightforward change.

You shouldn't be the only experiencing this kind of anoyance.
I will try to have look onto your problem, but it won't be soon...

For my curiousity, what is a WAF evaluation ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom