ReplayTV PC EDITION (1 Viewer)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I am a huge fan of replay TV. I own a 4000 model. It was the last model that allowed for automatic commercial skip and Internet File Sharing. They got sued over these two features and they were never included on later models. Now it looks like they have teamed up with Hauppauge to create Replay TV PC edition. I encourage people to take a look at it and see what features could be added to MP in the future.

Please post your finding here.... I am interested to see what people think about this product, or how it is compared to MP.

You can check out the software HERE.

After looking a little deeper into the product, they have something called the Overlap Manager.

Description:
    Allows you to record two shows that overlap by a few minutes..

Why it’s important:
    Some shows begin a few minutes before the “hour†or even end a few minutes after, creating an overlap. ReplayTV lets you record the cliffhanger ending and still follow the next show.

After looking at the system requirements, it looks like they are just showing the 150 or the USB2 capture cards. I am pretty sure both of these are 1 tuner cards....

How is this possible?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ASiDiE said:
    After looking a little deeper into the product, they have something called the Overlap Manager.

Description:
    Allows you to record two shows that overlap by a few minutes..

Why it’s important:
    Some shows begin a few minutes before the “hour†or even end a few minutes after, creating an overlap. ReplayTV lets you record the cliffhanger ending and still follow the next show.

After looking at the system requirements, it looks like they are just showing the 150 or the USB2 capture cards. I am pretty sure both of these are 1 tuner cards....

How is this possible?

I'm assuming that this is done only when two shows are on the same channel and the over lapping happens during the pre- and post recording time. Otherwise it's not possible with one tuner.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I wouldn't think so and maybe they are assuming you have 2 cards or something. But in the discription, they show the first show on channel 120 and the second channel on 450. You can check it out HERE. Once on that screen, click on overlap manager.

I just found this... maybe they are thinking about the future:

Currently will work with Hauppauge DVR-150 and USB2 tuners. Both are single tuners, the DVR-150 offers cable/satellite box control via IR blaster. The long-term plan is to support additional cards, including any ATSC card and Microsoft OCCUR cards, which will allow HD and Cablecard support, but this stuff is down the road. A dual-tuner card from Hauppauge is expected later this year (also with dual IR blaster) and will be supported by PC Edition. Multiple single-tuner cards are not supported at this time.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You didn't say anything about the "Surprise Me" feature. It lets you tell the channel guide that your favorite leading man is, say, Russell Crowe, and the device will record anything in which the A-list Aussie appears. The same goes for your favorite directors or entertainment genres.

Then it also watches if you tend to stick to a couple of channels, the Smart Channel Guide will keep Bravo, Comedy Central and NBC, or whatever you watch the most, at the top of the guide for easy reference.

A majority of the text was taken from news.com (http://news.com.com/2061-10801_3-6089578.html?part=rss&tag=6089578&subj=news)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom