[Req] Countdown Timer for cooking (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Country flag
    Background:

We have got a new kitchen 3 month ago. With the new kitchen we also implemented a (hidden) kitchen PC and an 15" LCD-TV.

We enjoy cooking on weekends together, getting the recipes on the LCD from the german site 123.579 Rezepte / Kochrezepte bei CHEFKOCH.DE (in normal browser) and listen to some good music via Mediaportal while cooking.
    Now, we have one of those digital timers, where you can set the alarms, but this is one of the technical devices, neither my wife nor I can operate with ease ;)
    So all I would need in order to make evrything perfect and get superb al-dente pasta is an easy to set-up short-time countdown timer in MP!

Idea:

# easy to set up with mouse/remote short-time countdown timer.
    # maybe make it 2 timers (mult-timer)
    # set sound, mp3 whatever like my alarm
    # make a new, single-purpose plugin or extend my alarm
    # make a nice countdown skin-page

# if possible, show the countdown as overlay in front of other screens like music

I can help with design concepts, ideas, tests but I can' program or skin.

Is anyone interested to help on such a plugin?
    Are there other users interested in this kind of plugin?

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on the implementation of new features and some fundamental changes in the core of MediaPortal 2. As a result, we proudly present the next major release of MediaPortal 2 in version 2.2. MediaPortal 2.2 is a...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been using mepo for a long time, and one of my biggest peaves is when I've got my music playing on shuffle and some short intro/talking/etc track comes on in the mix. Preferably I want these files still available so that they play when on 'album play' - those intro's etc are essential then. Currently I'm zipping these files up so...
    I've been using mepo for a long time, and one of my biggest peaves is when I've got my music playing on shuffle and some short...
    I've been using mepo for a long time, and one of my biggest peaves is when I've got my music playing on shuffle and some short...
    Replies
    Views
    Historical reasons, so that if you update to a new version and it fails, you can go back to old one. As to why it keeps more than just the "previous" one, that I don't know. Probably made sense when it was designed (y)
    Historical reasons, so that if you update to a new version and it fails, you can go back to old one. As to why it keeps more than...
    The IMDb+ scraper-script and plugin combination for Moving-Pictures is the first scraper to support custom options, allowing you to...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello guys , i have a little question about this project. I really want to use this project with the software "aurora" but i want to use it by USB connection (so without the ESP8266), and i'm wondering if it's possible. I plan to use it only with my computer so the USB is not a problem. I also plan to replace the LED by a LED strip ^^
    Hello guys , i have a little question about this project. I really want to use this project with the software "aurora" but i want...
    Hi, I would like to showcase a project of mine, that I have been working on for quite some time. What is it? AtmoOrb is a lamp...
    Replies
    Views
    Not that I know of...
    Not that I know of...
    GitHub repository | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom