[REQ] Subtitle downloader (1 Viewer)

Would you like to see a subtitle download option in MP?

• Total voters

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
My girlfriend has a hearingdisability (she can hear, but not much), so she needs subtitles with all movies. I search thrue all subtitle websites for the right subtitle for the movies from my workstation, change the filename of the .srt file to the filename of the movie an copy the file to the directory of the movie. Not all subtitles are synced, or in the correct language ofcourse. So I understand that it could be quite a job and possibly tricky to write a plugin that would work the same way as the IMDB option for movies.

I've tried to find out if there is a subtitle database that provides a RSS feed, with no luck so far... possibly that is needed to be able to write a pluging....?

Is anyone working on something like this? Is it possible? I think all movie files contain information like framerate, duration etc. Information that is also often provided by the websites that offer subtitles. Maybe that could help in finding the right subtitle faster?

I'm no C# programmer (yet). Otherwise I would try it myself.
I think a lot of people would like this option ! (please confirm :))
If needed, I could dump some links to good subtitle websites....!

sorry for my English, I'm Dutch.

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Really?? I understand it is legal to rip a copy of a DVD you bought to your harddrive. I don't understand how it could be illegal to download a simple textfile with subtitles for a movie you bought. Is it also illegal to write subtitles for your own movies yourself, and share it woth friends, for example?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom